Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
BFG All-terrain KO2's. At 70k miles and still in great shape. Do about the same driving as you so should have similar results. Have actually ran through mud and trails that buddies with M/T's are struggling with. Best tire I've ever had hands down. Tow well too.

On a set of terra-grapplers on one and I dont care for them. I'm in alaska and they are terrible on anything but pavement and gravel.

BFG All-terrain KO2's. At 70k miles and still in great shape. Do about the same driving as you so should have similar results. Have actually ran through mud and trails that buddies with M/T's are struggling with. Best tire I've ever had hands down. Tow well too.

On a set of terra-grapplers on one and I dont care for them. I'm in alaska and they are terrible on anything but pavement and gravel.
My neighbor's F-350 is eating his KO2's for dinner. Stock size will 100% street use.
Same thing with Toyo MT's before that.

Hey all sorry for chiming in late but I figured I’d put my .02 in. Been searching for tires for a while now as my toyo a/t II’s are pretty well finished. Love them but around 30% tread I find they no longer have the grip they used to, like at all. Way too easy to spin in snow or rain.

Good life out of them and would like to go with them again but I’m looking at some cooper st Maxx’s or duratracs as well. I laughed when I seen the a/t III pic because they look very similar to the cooper S/t Maxx tread pattern. Coopers have many good reviews with a couple bad ones reporting a squirmy feel, which I would assume is from improper inflation or the tire still breaking in. They seem to have a good tread design with good shoulders etc.

The duratracs make me hesitant because I have heard they get chewed on these one tons. Father ran them studded in 285’s as winters for his hunting trips and has fallen in love with them. Says they’re 10x better in the snow and ice but I think that’s partially due to the studs. I’ve also heard/read that you’re lucky to get 65,000 kilometres out of a set with proper rotation so that’s another thing.

Toyo’s are a great tire and will always have my vote although I like to be different and explore alternate things every now and then. As of now I’m considering the ST Maxx in 255/80/17 or a 285. Good price point at a shop by my house $1250 CAD installed whereas the toyos run about $1700 CAD installed. Hope this helps

I took about a 30 mile drive to do a relearn and they felt great. Smooth and quiet. I will update as I get a few miles on them.
Do you have any updates for us on those toyo at3's?

I just installed a set of stock size ATIII's
No more noise than the II's.

My 17 2500 (20's) ate up about 25K (halfway depth) of my AT2's.Rotated every 5K or less. 80 psi most of the time. They did pretty good and I still have them for my summer set.
This was in 12" of fresh.

nice!

i didn't go trompsing through snowy mounds, but i did just truck 1000mi through that winter storm across the middle of the country the other day on a new set of Yokohama X-ATs & was really impressed with them... in case anybody here's still shopping around. the X-ATs are pretty new, so there ain't been a lot of reviews yet.

hadn't towed on them yet, but my 295/70-18s are 129 rated & have 3ply sidewalls, so i'm sure they'll be plenty sturdy enough & overload the wheels before failing (so long as you run the right pressures). and even the LT sizes have a 45k warranty. DDing, i've had them at 55f / 45r psi.

I just installed a set of stock size ATIII's
No more noise than the II's.

My 17 2500 (20's) ate up about 25K (halfway depth) of my AT2's.Rotated every 5K or less. 80 psi most of the time. They did pretty good and I still have them for my summer set.
This was in 12" of fresh.
View attachment 917811
What is the little guy she is holding?
I thought the 2s were had a loud hum so are the 3s the same or quieter

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Do you have any updates for us on those toyo at3's?
Sorry for taking so long to answer.
The Toyos are the best tires I have had on HD truck. I’ve run BFG AT, Falkens, Kumho, Goodyear’s. The Toyos are quiet, good ride, and great treadwear. I have about 20k on them and they look like they will probably go 60k. And I drive like an idiot. They could do a little better on wet pavement, but it isn’t horrible. Haven’t run them in the snow. I absolutely will put another set on when I go through these. Whatever changes they made to the tread compound is a success.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.