Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a recent post about tire recommendations, so I thought I would ask.

I have a 2014 RAM 6.7 with rear airbags that I use to tow an 8000 pound travel trailer and I need tires. Looking for recommendations for the best tire for towing with this kind of weight. Travel distances vary.....I can tow as low as 10 miles round trip, other times 2200 miles round trip.

Appreciate any and all recommendations and ideas.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Reactions: Lins

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cooper at3 xlt

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Continental Contact Terrain A/T are an excellent tire for your use. We have 30K miles total and 20K of them towing our 19K lb 5th wheel across the USA.

·
Registered
11,019 Posts
I couldn't find a recent post about tire recommendations, so I thought I would ask.

I have a 2014 RAM 6.7 with rear airbags that I use to tow an 8000 pound travel trailer and I need tires. Looking for recommendations for the best tire for towing with this kind of weight. Travel distances vary.....I can tow as low as 10 miles round trip, other times 2200 miles round trip.

Appreciate any and all recommendations and ideas.
Nitto Duragrappler.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
IMO the best tire is the Michelin Defender 295-70-18 load E and is 80 psi so it won't be an issue with the TPMS. Silent, smooth, long wearing and MPG rated.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Any off-road or snow, or fair weather pavement pounder tire?
If the latter, the "best" deal is takeoff tires, slightly used, off of new/newer trucks.
If the former, the best wear/traction/value I've gotten out of tires recently are siped Toyo ATs and surprisingly, siped Firestone MTs (the MTs were on our 07 Mega Cab and hauled a 4000lb truck camper about 30% of the miles)

Others worth mentioning, Cooper AT3s did pretty good in the traction dept and good treadlife on a F250 gasser.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts