Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering for those of you still running stock tires, what are you running for tire pressure? I have not checked them since I bought it but my light sensor has not gone off so I figured I did not need to (ignorant I know) The reason I ask though is I only have 3500 miles and noticing cupping on the tires!?! I need to put more in apparently but how much?

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your sig doesn't say, but your avitar looks like a 4x4. The 4x4 front tires are always gonna cup. Just the nature of the beast with the fixed camber of the solid front axle.

Best is to rotate frequently. There's a rotation diagram in your owner's manual. When I was younger and poorer I'd rotate the tires on my Ramcharger at every oil change. Then when the tires got to about half tread I'd bring them to a buddy's shop to have them dismounted and flipped on the rims (like from black wall out to white letter out). Got an extra 10K or so out of them that way.

Regardless, on my Megacab I was running the stock 235/70-17s at 60front/70rear - factory settings in door jam. They were wearing normally before I took 'em off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts