Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tire pressure sensor light?

836 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  09FaStRam
Hey guys,

Tonight while driving I had an amber light come on in my instrument cluster. It looks like a tire with an exclamation i think. Ive been told in cold weather, the truck's tire sensors can get confused.

Has anyone run into this?. I checked with my dealer and they said the only thing that can be done is over-inflating the tires by about 3 or 4 PSI.

Suggestions?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
mine did it once when it was cold went a few miles up the road and it went off when i got home i checked all the tires were at the right psi never had it do it agin

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm.

This one comes on every time i start the truck. It only started today though. All the tires appear to be inflated properly, but mind you i havnt actually taken a pressure gauge to it. I'll do so tomorrow morning.

· Registered
1,279 Posts
All winter long my light is on. I have tried to turn the light off with the over ride switch in the cab but, it will not work. I run my fronts at 60 PSI and the rear at 45PSI in the winter. I then run the normal pressure of 60/70 during the towing season with the 5er. The light is out then.
I check my tire pressure every month with an air gauge and adjust them to ambient temps when tires are cold.
If I could sue Ford and Firestone over this I would.

· Registered
405 Posts
Mine started coming on for no apparent reason about a month ago. Usually comes on once a day then goes out after a while. I keep my tires set a max inflation, no low tires, I have checked at least a half dozen times in the last month. The most irritating thing is no low tires and no trouble codes, how am I supposed to know whats wrong wtih the system. I read in the owners manual that tinted windows and other radio signals can interfere with it, and of course I tinted my windows. Hopefully H&S will allow me to turn this darn thing off soon. I love mandated safety standards because some people aren't smart enough to check the air in thier tires :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.