Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a good LONG TERM tire to put on my 2500 4x4. I currently have 285 70 17 BFG ATs that came on the truck that have worn out like tight rolled jeans! Any haulers or long haul drivers make a recomendation on what tire to use. As I said, LONG TERM!. Not looking for cool looking, AT tire, I do haul a trailer weekly for a mowing business and haul a Jeep on a car hauler once a month or so, So D or E load range is prefered. Anyone had good luck with BFG Long trails? Any other options? Also the perrili Scoripians??? Discount is selling me on the BFG AT and the perrilis......Help spend my $$$!!!

Thanks!.
:peelout
:thud:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Sounds like you're looking for a set of Michelins. They will last at least 80K. Any one you get. All others pale in comparison.

·
Registered
565 Posts
That new Dura grappler from Nitto looks pretty good.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have friends that have used the Firestone Transforce AT on other diesels and got 70K + out of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have quite a few friends getting really good milage out of the nitto mud grapplers they are 10 ply load rating E. but really loud. if you want quiet dont buy they sound like an airplane

·
Registered
145 Posts
Still rolling on the stock Michelins, 30,500 mi.and tread not half gone yet.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Michelin LTX A/S. Low rolling resistance and long long treadwear. Should be the ticket IMO.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Stock michilin spare. Might be smart to go back to 265 and only buy 3. I was told by others that these last a long time! Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Stock michilin spare. Might be smart to go back to 265 and only buy 3. I was told by others that these last a long time! Thanks

I have 4 like new BFG 315/70 - 17 A/T's I'll take $600 for. They still have the tits and the protective film on them. They are off of an 08 Hummer with 10 miles on it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you're going back to 265s,check out the Toyo M55s.

They are a comercial grade LT tire,that wear like IRON.

They have a decent A/T type tread as well.

I've had a couple sets and they are awesome.

If I decide to go back to 265s or Toyo starts making them in a 285 they'll be whats on my truck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love my BFG AT's but they do wear fast. My dad has a Ford FX4 Super Crew and He's running Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's. Never got stuck and gets better rain traction than I do on mine. You get the best of both worlds, Street and A/T.

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tireselector/GlamourIndex_BS_EN.aspx?ProductID=1055

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Made my Descision today! went with 265 70 17 BFG rugged trail TA. 60K warranty thru Discount tire and also E rateing. $165 each. Im lovin it! Let you know what I think a few thousand miles from now! Thanks Guys!:peelout

1 - 15 of 15 Posts