Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tire Opinions and Info ASAP!!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  surfram 
#1 ·
Hey everybody I need some info on two different tires what ones you would go with or wouldn't go with again. What kind of mileage you got out of them etc. The two tires I am looking at are the Nitto Dune Grappler and the Falken Rocky Mountain AT. Please don't suggest any others I can get a very good deal on either of these so I will be going with one or the other. The reviews I have found seem to be split 50/50 on both tires either people like them or don't. I am mostly concerned about how long they will last. I mostly drive on the pavement a few dirt roads here and there, a little sand, no mud, no snow (I have a daily driver truck for that stuff). The price is the same for either tire so that is not a factor. Any help is greatly appreciated I have to decide by tomorrow so I am about to flip a coin LOL. Thanks again :thumbsup:

#2 ·
I liked my Dune Grappler on dry days and they seemed to be wearing well, I was the second owner of the rims and tires and not sure how many miles were on them total but wore good for me. In the rain they sucked so bad and had trouble hooking up trying to get out in traffic or stop and go in the rain. No experience with the other tires.

Reactions: Dusty
#5 ·
The Falkens suck! super heavy, super ugly, and dont last long. I work at a tire store and I 90% of the time we put the Rocky Mountains on, the customer is back asking for a rebalance because they ride awful. So we rebalance them and the customers say they is no change. That is the last tire id ever buy. I have herd the Dune grapplers wear kind of fast but the are pretty quiet, and look kind of cool.

#7 ·
I have been very happy with my nitto dura grapplers. Best towing tire I have used and awesome in the rain.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.