Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the yoke on my front diff. is worn. The U-joint cup rolls in the yoke on one side.

Can this be bedded or is it easier to just replace the yoke?

Is there lash adjustments I need to reset when replacing the yoke?

Thanks in advance

· Registered
115 Posts
theres a crush sleeve behind the yoke for the pinion you could mess up by tightening and loosening it so be careful.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
theres a crush sleeve behind the yoke for the pinion you could mess up by tightening and loosening it so be careful.
I have yet to see proof of a Dana with a crush sleeve. AFAIK, Dana's are all shimmed.

· Registered
497 Posts
You can also make some aluminum shims out of an old beer can to tighten up the side that is loose. I have done this many times on an '87 Dodge 3/4 ton 4wd gasser with a Dana 60 rear. These shims would always outlast the U-joint. Just cut a piece of aluminum 1" wide by 1 1/2" long, fold it in half so that it's 1/2" X 1 1/2", then bend it so that it fits between the U-joint cup and the yoke. Add a second if necessary.

· Registered
231 Posts
BuffaloLake.... that is most hill billy thing I have ever heard, and I LIVE in Kentucky!!
Brilliant, but geezzzz.....
And yeah, Dana has shims, and they are hard as F***!!

· Registered
497 Posts
Hey, it works. Sometimes you just have to work with what you've got onhand, and I always have beer onhand...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.