Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 footin' through life
12,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been screwin with this crap for a full day now and can't get the mofo's to seat in properly. One side is barely in there. I went through all variations of using the trucks weight to help and oil and brake clean and such. Nothing worked. I even drove around for about 20 miles with a 2x3 under it. They were snug at rest and I figured with the driving it would be all good when i got back. Nope. One block fell out and I almost lost the bump. The other is half way in but definitely not secure in my mind. I'm gonna stick one in the freezer for the night and give it a shot in the morning. I'm more or less just ranting but if anyone else has had this hard of a time with these or any tips post up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yea they are a pain. I used a block under them and a jack, keep jacking it up they will push in just need to make sure the block doesn't kick out.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I say you go drive it through some whoops and get those little bugers to sit down like good girls!

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
I used to put them in while the truck was in the air, then slide a post stand under it and lower the truck on it...Basically try to use the trucks weight at your advantage

·
3 footin' through life
12,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got em in. Ended up using the torch. Lithium grease burns like a mofo BTW... I put them in the cups and then placed the 2x3's back under them. Then jacked up the front axle. And finally after all the weight of the front end was on them I torched em up till the red urethane started to just barely ooze out of the cups. Then I let everything cool off and dropped it back down. They're in there like a rock now.

And let me say these are awesome. I had one blown shock up front. So the combo of replacing both fronts with 5100's and these bumps the truck is a different animal. My daily route to work is significantly more controlled over the nearly cobblestone section city streets. A+ for Kore on a $60 pair of bumps and A+ for Bilstein doing a great job on valving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts