Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I believe I'm having problems with my TIPM, my drivers side low beam light doesn't work. I changed the socket, tried different bulbs, went with LED headlights and fogs, and finally found this *fix* or band-aid I guess.

How To Cheap Fix Dodge Ram Low Beam Headlight Faulty TIPM

I need an electrical expert to tell me if I should expect any problems having this setup? All the light a work fine now with it wired like that. I don't have the money to have a new TIPM installed, but whenever in the future that I do, I'll do it. But should I see any problems until then?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I still have it wired up how I posted the first time, but the headlight went out again... What the heck could be going on??

·
Registered
680 Posts
If only the one headlight went out, bulb burned out or where you made the wire tap to the other side came loose. Test light will tell you If It's the wire, or bulb.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shouldn't be the bulb. Brand new led bulbs... But I guess it probably wouldn't be the first time a new bulb burned out super fast. I'll look into it and report back.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, pulled the headlight out and wiggled the plug and the light came back on. So I guess the plugs came apart just enough so the light wouldn't turn on. Put a couple more zip ties on the plug to hold it together so hopefully it won't do it again.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Well, pulled the headlight out and wiggled the plug and the light came back on. So I guess the plugs came apart just enough so the light wouldn't turn on. Put a couple more zip ties on the plug to hold it together so hopefully it won't do it again.

Ain't it nice when it's something simple?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts