Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Anyone in the Eugene area with the tools and skill set to adjust the timing on a 94? I'm not sure what's involved, but I would like to have it set to 15-16 degrees for mileage purposes. Everyone I've called either will only set it to stock or is not convincing they know what they are doing.
thanks,
paul

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I can do it but dont have the tools.

·
06 Cummins
2,906 Posts
i need mine done too

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Yeah I need mine done too. We should all go together on a kit and do them all. I would be willing to pitch in. FYI I'm in Corvallis going to school, not prairie city like my profile says. Puredieselpower.com has a full kit for $150. I've read up on how to do it but haven't ever done it before. What do you guys think?

·
06 Cummins
2,906 Posts
id be down!

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Let's do it! Just go together on it and meet up one day, have a few beers and get them all done. We should be pretty good at by the time we get through three of em. I'm kinda the central location but I don't have a shop or any real good places to do it at my place down here. If somebody has a shop close that would be ideal...there's a guy on here who said he had a shop in Albany that he said he was willing to let me use (I tried to get this goin a while back but it never materialized) maybe he is still willing:confused013:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Have you seen this? TSB 18-10-94 Rev. A
Your '94 may need the sealing washer, the newer trucks don't. One of the problems is that the timing pin is a PITA to use, and it is not very accurate. There are other ways to find TRUE TDC but it takes more time.
Also you will need a chart Diesel Timing
If I am available I would be happy to help, I have done a few of these.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Cummins P7100 Timing Tool Kit
here is the link to the timing kit i was talkin about. has the timing chart as well. I think this gives you pretty much everything you need. but then again ive never done it before

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The first ones a pain, and the timing pin is a pain, but its fairly straight forward and easy to do.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
well if we can get a few guys to go in together on it it shouldnt be too bad. what do you think guys?

·
Registered
364 Posts
If anyone need to take care of the KDP this would be a good time to tab it(I have the Cummins part # if you need them). Timing can be done with the gear cover on but it makes it a pain to clean between the pump shaft and the gear. If you don't get this clean the timing can slip and leave you stranded.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I've got my kdp kit ready sittin in a box. That would be great to do those two things at once

·
Registered
35 Posts
If anyone need to take care of the KDP this would be a good time to tab it(I have the Cummins part # if you need them). Timing can be done with the gear cover on but it makes it a pain to clean between the pump shaft and the gear. If you don't get this clean the timing can slip and leave you stranded.
its not to bad with the cover on just use a can of brake clean with a straw works perfect. though it can slip if you dont clean it but you can always us a dab of lock tight on it if your that worried about it. ive only had mine slip once and it was cause i used some cat lock tight. ever since then just brake clean and proper torque specs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts