Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to adjust my valves today, and knowing that i needed to find tdc with that timing pin, i started to search around for it ansd then started to rain so when i was messing around i accidentally pulled the pin and then put it back in or so i thought, went for a 4 minute drive come back and park and there's oil everywhere...look up to where the pin is suppose to be and its not there!!! and im in college and i have to drive back home(250miles) next thursday, so i need to get a new timing pin or something, somebody direct me which way to go or does somebody have one lying around that they could send me or something...i wouldnt have thought that it would of been a cheap little plastic thing with a small o-ring that keeps all the oil in there..HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:thud::thud: anybody know where i can get a new pin at...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm not a expert on 12valves,but what pin are you talking about?
You mean the one you turn the engine up against to index TDC?

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I think that he talking about the one under the injection pump. I think youe best bet would be a cummins dealer.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea it is the one under the injection pump to find tdc...but good news i put on order into oregon fuel injection company and there gonna be hooking me up with a new one for about 10 bucks

·
Registered
71 Posts
yea it is the one under the injection pump to find tdc...but good news i put on order into oregon fuel injection company and there gonna be hooking me up with a new one for about 10 bucks
If you only install a new plastic pin with the o-ring and no star washer is going to come out and leak again. Where in NY are you from? Maybe I can help you. I got the pin, o-ring and special star washer in stock. Oh, and if your pin housing broke, I got that too.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you only install a new plastic pin with the o-ring and no star washer is going to come out and leak again. Where in NY are you from? Maybe I can help you. I got the pin, o-ring and special star washer in stock. Oh, and if your pin housing broke, I got that too.
well i ordered the pin, the o-ring and, and a retaining ring, so i believe i got everything...and right now i go to school in hyde park right around the poughkeepsie area.

·
Registered
71 Posts
well i ordered the pin, the o-ring and, and a retaining ring, so i believe i got everything...and right now i go to school in hyde park right around the poughkeepsie area.
Cool man. Remember, If you ever need anything let me know. I'm in Newburgh.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool man. Remember, If you ever need anything let me know. I'm in Newburgh.
i really appreciate that offer, i'll keep ya posted i just hope i get it in and it stays this time...:w:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts