Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you guys talking about when you say the timing on the Juice w/Attitude?
Or the timing update for the Juice w/Attitude for the 6.7L, what exactly is it that your talking about?

·
Registered
319 Posts
My Edge has a timing opton on it but im too scared to change since I just got it and dont know what it does. I have heard some guys have the option and some dont.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
where is that at?? I have never seen that option and I thought I went through all the options

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can select low end responsiveness , which has 5 settings from lowest to highest for each power level, 1 thru 5.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can anyone tell me where to find this option on the attitude, or send me a pic of what the option looks like?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Low End Responiveness only changes how much fuel is added before the turbo spools up, it really doesnt have anything to do with timing. its the exact same as Low Boost Fueling on the earlier version attitude monitors, Edge just changed it to Low End Responsiveness on the later version attitudes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah I realized that it has nothing to do with timing right away, sorry, my bad!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think like stated earlier, some have it some don't it's a hit or miss thing. Keven from K2 was telling me Edge does not even acknowledge that it is on their units? Go figure

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Yup, according to Edge it was on the first units, then removed from later units. Obviously the opposite is true since the early ones (like mine) don't have it and almost all of the later ones do.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
You can select low end responsiveness , which has 5 settings from lowest to highest for each power level, 1 thru 5.
This is not the timing option.

Yup, according to Edge it was on the first units, then removed from later units. Obviously the opposite is true since the early ones (like mine) don't have it and almost all of the later ones do.
Like K2 said newer ones do.

It lets you select Edge timming or stock timing.

If you want to stack you can select stock timing that way you do not do too much timing.

The older ones are just set to Edge timing only. :thumbsup

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah that is what mine says either stock timing or edge timing. I just left it stock I dont know what one to use. What should I have it on if Im stacking with an MP-8

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah that is what mine says either stock timing or edge timing. I just left it stock I dont know what one to use. What should I have it on if Im stacking with an MP-8
Yes you should use the Edge timing. Unless you stack with a programer don't select stock timing! The MP-8 doesn't add timming on the 6.7 so it's completely safe. If you want to play around with it, put it on level 5 or 6 and try it with the timing stock and then set on edge timing. You'll defidently hear a difference. Mine is set to stock because of the Superchips. Oh and by the way for the guys that still have the DPF, (I noticed you don't) do not use stock timing or you'll plug up the filter alot faster.

·
Registered
723 Posts
So consensus is with an mp-8 it's safe to use Edge timing...becuase the guys at my shop were playing around with it and we set it up to run on Edge timing....just making sure she isn't gonna blow up before it needs to ha.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Oh and by the way for the guys that still have the DPF, (I noticed you don't) do not use stock timing or you'll plug up the filter alot faster.
not so much plugging it, but you probably will see CRAZY EGT's when you have em turned up with the DPF and EGR still on. No matter what timing setting you have it on the fueling will still be the same.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
So consensus is with an mp-8 it's safe to use Edge timing...becuase the guys at my shop were playing around with it and we set it up to run on Edge timing....just making sure she isn't gonna blow up before it needs to ha.
Ben use the Edge timing:thumbsup

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thats how I have been running it. But i keep getting into regen cycles...not sure what the deal is. When i do this, should i turn the edge off and the only way to get it to get out of regen is to beat on the truck for a few minutes....from what i've found anyhow.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have the Edge on but have not drilled the egt probe hole yet in the manifold will this cause problem with running it? Should I wait to turn it up for now?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I dont think is has any effect. You just wont be able to monitor your egt's. Which as long as you dont have all the settings cranked up to the max and run it like that for a long period of time, i think its pretty safe to say none of us have seen any issues with temps getting so high we've had to monitor them.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just turned my Edge to Edge timing, and I'm running on level 3. I actually droped a 1/2mpg. I usually run on stock timing on level 1 except when towing and then its level 2. I'll be making a 200 mile trip tonight, so I'll run it on level 3 with Edge timing to see if theres a difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts