Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a '93 Cummins engine from a buddy of mine to swap it into my 1983 Chevy K2500. For some reason known only to him, he took the pump off the engine, and didn't bother to mark the gears(he did mark the pump mounting plate though). My question is what do I use to time it? There are 4 letters on the gear, but I'm not sure if they mean anything, and if they do which one to use. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I looked at my factory service manual for my 1990 (i'm not sure if this is the same for intercooled or not) and it says to align "E" on the IP gear to "C" on the adjoining gear. Assuming the adjoining gear hasn't been pulled either.

Chris

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thats right but if you want to you can go to "c" for a little advance!!!! there are marks on the drive gear that is the 0 on the gear you have pictured the crank gear has two of the same the single goes between the the two and that point the c on the drive gear will be up at IP gear!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.