Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Timing Cover Gasket Replacement?

21317 17
So apparently my ccv needs to be replaced and it decided to push the timing cover gasket and/or the crank gasket and cause them to leak. Does anyone have a write up on replacement with tools and torque specs?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to the forum and not at all mechanically inclined, so sorry if this is a stupid question but: I have a 2010 Ram 2500 w/ 6.7 liter Cummins and less than 60k miles. It's been a great truck, BUT... recently developed oil leak on passenger side near front of engine. Still under warranty, so dealer repaired what they said was a warped timing cover. Day and 1/2 job. Got home and started leaking again next day, same spot. Took it back and now they say it's REAR timing cover that's leaking and it's a 2-3 day job.

It's covered by warranty, but now I'm worried: is this a known/recurring problem? I really don't want to have to shell out $2k plus in repairs every 60k miles!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.