Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a disapointing day at the dyno yesterday, i'v decided that i'm gunna have to make a twin turbo setup. I'm gunna try running a HE351/S366 setup, which should provide very quick spool up, along with the top end air flow i need.

I started yesterday and got as far as gettin the old turbo and manifold off, now i have to drill out some broken exh. bolts(right at the back ofcoarse) and then i'll start puttin it all together. I'll get some pics today of the progress and and keep you posted on the progress :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,201 Posts
wat you dyno with that setup??? hows the spool up on that 64/71/14???? do you think it would spool good with a 5spd man??? been thinkin bout goin with a super b special... sorry for the question, but we've almost got same setup.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dyno'd at 371hp/855ftlb with the super b. with pretty much the same setup last year i dyno'd at 438hp/895ftlb...........my buddy has a 04.5 dodge and last year with just a smarty he ran 435hp......now he has a smarty, 50hp nozzles, 150gph Air Dog, full DTT Trans and he only ran 381/885ftlbs???

IMO opinion i dont think that dyno is very accurate......but the low number inspired us both to change our setup's lol

I think that special would spool pretty good with a 5 spd......its a little laggy in a auto. but that turbo is pretty much the same as any other S300 out there (High tech , Industrial Injection....)

haha anyway thats my 2 cents

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
Id go a little bigger than a s366 as a primary if it was me. At least if you go with a ht3b or s400 you will have room to add more fuel in the future. JMO

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea thats a very good possibility down the road.....but i have that turbo now and its brand new so i figured i'd try it out and see how it works..... i think its gunna have wicked spool up! but if i ever wanna swap em down the road i dont think it will be that hard cuz this turbo already has a t4 flange. i dunno we'll see how it works lol

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
Well it will be a little more than just swappin them, but i know what you mean. It should be a quick spooling setup for sure:thumbsup: Let us know how it goes:party018:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will do man i just uploaded a few pics and i'm going out to work on it right now to start on some of the piping so i'll get some more pics and let you know :headbang:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
can anyone tell me how to post pics on here? i cant figure it out lol......i have photo bucket , but what do i do from there?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no it went from my camera onto photo bucket

·
Banned
1,201 Posts
go into photobucket.... put the cursor over the pic you want and a bunch of codes should pop up underneath it.

then highlight and copy the IMG code(very bottom code)... then paste in the reply box and submit it. easy as that

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is deanson on my buddies account.......some of the pics so far....just ordered some silicone couplers , now just waiting for those to finish the rest of the piping

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hot the hot pipe ordered last night.....it was cheaper to buy one then to make it myself so i figured why not? so that should be here in about a week and then i can get the rest of it on the go! :headbang:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i got the twins all built and the truck is running again! sorry for no updates lately...:doh:

the twins work great! really quick spool up, hits 70psi with ease (after popping off a few intercooler boots! lol) Compared to the super b special my egt's are about 250deg. cooler! Now i can actually do a good pull without worrying about a meltdown lol . i still gotta get some pics on here for everyone to see once i get the pipes cleaned up and painted! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
The he351 makes a real decent twin setup. I haven't pushed mine past 55 lbs. of boost but once but it makes good clean power for towing. That's what I was looking for, good power to tow without watching the pyro. The 200 horse injectors I have with the box off really seem pretty mild with this twin setup, you can't get the exhaust to hot while towing unless you lug it down around 1300 rpms.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea this setup works great, especially when towing, but i do with i had a s400 with a 75mm wheel , but i cant complain cuz the 366 was cheap!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey man u got some more pics of your twins? I am getting ready to do a setup like this for a buddy of mine with a silverbullet 66 and an he351 on a ve 12v were putting in a '97 tahoe. Were did u source out your plumbing and such. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts