Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been wanting some for a while and i finally went and bought them. here are the pics from the install that took all of 30 minutes.

this is what came in the box: two timbrens, two mounting brackets, and two bolts.

this is the timbrens attached to the brackets

as you can tell there is a great difference compared to the stock bump stops and the timbrens.

this is the timbrens installed on the truck... the only thing that i found about them so far is that they picked the rear of the truck up a few inches and made it ride ruffer... i think they just need to break in a little.. if there is someone else out there that has them some input on how they do unloaded would be appreciated..

·
Registered
841 Posts
hmm ... I only have them on the front for carrying the plow but they are set up so there is about 1/2" gap (or so)between them and the axle unloaded ... I don't notice any ride difference unloaded but they help tremendously with the weight of the plow over rough terrain ... the steets I mean. Work great like this.
Seems odd they are actually lifting your truck a few inches empty no? Looks like you won't have much travel left in the rear that's for sure ... must be harsh loaded up.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You coould possibly have the wrong ones. There should be a gap of about 3/4 to 1" between the timbren and the axle. That set is different than the one I have.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yea. let me go take a couple.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hope these help. Truckspring.com shows the number DR2500CA is the correct one.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts