Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished installing my Thuren 3" Springs, Thuren Fox 2.0's and Carli Trac-Bar. I bought Thuren shackles as well, but it sits dead nuts level (44" front and 44" rear) so I'm not going to put them on.

The ride is a lot better than stock, it eats up expansion joints and holes in the road great. This is the perfect setup for me since my truck only leave the pavement during elk season. I'm still waiting on my Thuren control arms as well.

I ended up putting 35x12.5x18 Toyo MT's and BMF Novakanes 18x9 on it. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. :party018:

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Reactions: airborneRGR

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh ya! Looks awesome

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That. Looks. SICK!

Who's sway bar links links did you use?
I think that just helped me decide what suspension is going on my truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Don said on these, you can just loosen the end links. I'm still gonna put a set of Carli end links on there though.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Looks great. Excellent wheel and tire combo

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did all of the run you cost wise

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Kinda lost track to be honest with you. I bought different parts from different places over the last month or so. Springs and trac-bar I got from the classifieds here (new in box), the shocks and shackles I bought through Craig at Strapt Preformance, the wheels I bought through Rimz One online, and the tires I bought through Les Schwab.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nice:party018:
(Dang I like the white megacab!)

Did you happen to get pre and post mpgs?

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Looks great, I got to say I didn't like white vehicles but you guys are starting to make me like them. I'm surprised Rimz One couldn't beat LS for tires on a package deal, that where I got my stuff from a few years ago and their pricing was great. Anyway nice looking MEGA.

18"s and 35"s are about the best looking combo for these trucks :drool2:.

·
Registered
861 Posts
What was total cost? Looks nasty and just what I want, nice show!!!

Moose

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice:party018:
(Dang I like the white megacab!)

Did you happen to get pre and post mpgs?
Pre mpg I've been around 18-19 on the hiway, I haven't driven it enough yet with the new tires to get an average MPG

Reactions: jhardie

·
Registered
727 Posts
You can still achieve stock height with thuren's shackles, put them on,they make a difference and round out your package nicely:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If u dont mind me asking. Why did u choose to go 18s wheels instead of 20s. Is the ride with 20s rough
Couple of reasons why I went with 18" instead of 20". I wanted BMF wheels. If I went to 20" the wheel becomes 10" wide vs 9" wide with the 18". Also the back spacing changes, so with the change in back spacing and wheel width I was concerned with major rubbing issues.

The bigger reason is that Don't Thuren highly recommended not going any bigger than 18" because the ride would suffer and negate the new springs and shocks.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can still achieve stock height with thuren's shackles, put them on,they make a difference and round out your package nicely:thumbsup:
Yeah I was gonna put them on anyways, but I'm gonna send them back and get his steering stabilizer

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm surprised Rimz One couldn't beat LS for tires on a package deal, that where I got my stuff from a few years ago and their pricing was great.

18"s and 35"s are about the best looking combo for these trucks :drool2:.
They probably could have but I wanted the LS warranty (flat repair etc). We do a lot of camping out of state, so it's nice to know that I can find a LS just about anywhere.

Reactions: RyeThomas
1 - 20 of 68 Posts