Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
custom user title
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, I want to get a pair of 2" thuren coils for my truck!

reason is i have 33" tires that rub alot when I go offroad so I need a bit of clearance. I dont really want a 3" lift kit. and cant find much about a 2"

If I get the thuren coils they say they give 2.5" higher then stock height, will I need anything else for my truck? I already have bilstein 5100 that are good up to 2" of lift. would they be okay if i did give me 2.5?

I just dont want to have to get longer control arms, adj trackbar sway bar end links or anything. and keep using 33's

or should I just get a leveling kit? Ive never done this before but think the spacers would ride rougher then new coils....

edit: I kinda posted in wrong section... whoops

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sooner or later you will probably have to upgrade those components like track bar, end links, tie rods etc. Death wobble seems to be a bigger problem, and much more likely on lifted trucks. Something to think about.

·
custom user title
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just replaced all the front end parts last winter. and they are still in great shape, thats why I didnt want to have to buy new control arms, shocks etc..

what I was getting at was. for a 2" lift do I need longer arms, shocks or sway bar ends? because for a 3" lift they make kits but for 2" spacer/longer coil it seems like everyone only replaces the shocks??

·
Renaissance Redneck BCVP
3,948 Posts
There really shouldn't be any difference between stuffing a 2" spacer (levelling kit) on top of your factory springs and doing a 2" or even 2.5" coil "lift". They still put you at or near the exact same place.

The main differences will be that with the Thuren coils you will have a much better ride, and probably a slightly thinner wallet. Have you spoken with Don Thuren? He is a great guy and will spend the time to go over all this with you on the phone. I can't think that anyone on here will give you better advice on Thuren products than Don himself. From my experience with him, he won't try to sell you his products unless he thinks they are what would work best for you.

Thuren Fabrication-contact information

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was thinking about going with the Thuren 2" soft coils too. My plan is those springs with Bilstein 5100 0-3" lift shocks all around, 0-3" MAXX end links, and Carli Add-a-pack springs for the rear to level it out with the front and get rid of that harsh overload leaf. I think that should make for a nice riding truck and not break the bank! Let us know how the springs work out if you get them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My truck sits level it has since I bought it I'm not sure why? The po used it as a plow truck so maybe it has the coils that you want of so get some good shocks my truck rides like a Sherman tank!

·
custom user title
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, appreciate the help :thumbsup:

Im a few months away from the front end lift. Im doing shackle flip right now and then once I get the money the front. trouble is I want a bigger turbo and headstuds and manifold... :banghead:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I want to see how this turns out....thinking of 2" kit, but dont wanna ruin the ride.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where would be the best place to look for the 2" "lift" springs I was things about the same setup with the bilsteins to but I don't have a clue which springs to go with .
I'm curious how it turns out too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just upgrade my control arms to 2-3.5" since they were damaged in accident. Since I have upgrade the control arms already, what should I go with now? All the 3" lift kits come with control arms. I like 9812vers suggestion

·
Renaissance Redneck BCVP
3,948 Posts

·
custom user title
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the dodge offroad stuff myself.

Im sure carli makes springs for our trucks as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.