Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added wheels and tires along with a 2.5 front level kit to my truck. I am now experiencing a slight thumping sound, more of feel than really a noise, when I pull away from traffic lights. Don't think it even does it all the time, just most of the time. Any ideas.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
650 Posts
Is your truck a long bed? My old truck with a two piece driveshaft made a binding type of feeling from a stop. I had to shimm the carrier bearing and it went away. But not sure if that's your problem. But you should get some good ideas here shortly.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed today that after I topped off my fuel I didn't hear the thumping sound while pulling away from or up to stop signs. Could this possibly be fuel sloshing around in the tank? Anyone notice anything similar?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I noticed today that after I topped off my fuel I didn't hear the thumping sound while pulling away from or up to stop signs. Could this possibly be fuel sloshing around in the tank? Anyone notice anything similar?
Did it happen before the level?

Could it be your shocks? There's sag built into the shocks so you have stroke in both directions, when you level without shocks you lose that 2.5" of travel.

Just a guess. I don't have a level on mine.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pucks. I really wish I could remember if the sound was there prior to leveling kit but I didn't have truck very long before I added it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.