Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this in the 911 section but no results any help would be great im like a lot of people and dick broke so i gotta fix this myself

Ive got 4 codes truck is acting all funny

P0562 charge too low
P0121 TPS doesnt agree with map
P0122 TPS volts low
P0237 map volts low

its like ive got only about 10% throttle but it comes and goes it will run awsome then like crap.... its in-consistent. ive got 14.5 volts at both batteries while the truck is running im lost. tested the alternator and its good.....

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
i posted this in the 911 section but no results any help would be great im like a lot of people and dick broke so i gotta fix this myself

P0562 charge too low
P0122 TPS volts low
P0237 map volts low

its like ive got only about 10% throttle but it comes and goes it will run awsome then like crap.... its in-consistent. ive got 14.5 volts at both batteries while the truck is running im lost. tested the alternator and its good.....
The codes appear to be the APPS. I would swap with a known good one of a buddies before buying one.

Dave

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,298 Posts

P0562 charge too low
P0122 TPS volts low
P0237 map volts low

First off get the right codes...:doh:
Proper code listing here...
OBD II Error Codes

P0121 - Accelerator Position Sensor (APPS) Signal Voltage Too Low APPS voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.
P0122 - Accelerator Position Sensor (APPS) Signal Voltage Too Low APPS voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage
P0237 - Map Sensor Voltage Too Low MAP sensor voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.
P0562 - Charging System Voltage Too Low Supply voltage sensed at ECM too low.

P0121 and P0122 is a APPS sensor fault and most likely the APPS sensor is wore out and requires replacement. But could be related to the low voltage sensed at the ECM in the P0562.

P0237 Map sensor could be bad. But like I said above the low charging voltage could be factor.

P0562 - Low charging voltage should be dealt with first and clear the codes to see if it comes back. The batteries, alternator, and supply lead NEED to be tested. Also don't discount the grid heaters sticking ON. This can and will pull the batteries down to a LOW charge state and trip the code. Also it could cause the other codes to pop as well...

Voltage drop test.
Voltage Drop

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awsome thanx for the help atleast i have a general direction now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts