Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Allison is attached! Found out I'm missing a spacer that goes on the crank before the flex plate. I found one with no help from Cummins, although it's a cummins part lol. It will be here next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Looks like a bit of tunnel modification in the near future to make that fit....;)

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Going with a military green for the whole truck? Allison under there as well?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Going with a military green for the whole truck? Allison under there as well?
Yes I really like the look of OD green and gloss black together. So the truck will be green the bed will be black along with the wheels. But I'm going to throw My Hotrod Twist on it, the roof of the truck from the drip rail up is going to be House of Colors heavy metal flake gold. Green and gold look good together I think and I have never seen an OD green truck with a heavy flake on it like that. Might not be everyone's taste but it's going to stand out. I will also hand paint Milo goes on the doors in gold and then pinstripe them in Black. Yes Allison is also in there. As I'm writing this I'm actually cleaning the truck out and trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the giant hole like that to put that turd in there:frown2:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The floor boards have been screwed up in this truck! Not sure if it lost a drive line, or the beat them up to put different seats in it. It also looks like they got hot at some point?!?!!? We its cleaned out now so I will now start re building the trans tunnel and putting some rust converter on the floors.

My wife asked me if it was going to be running any time soon. I laughed and said I need to stop tearing it apart before I can get it running.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Ducati M.
6,809 Posts
Ok, it’s been 9 months. Is it on the road yet, or is it like one of my projects that takes years just to get around to it?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Ok, it’s been 9 months. Is it on the road yet, or is it like one of my projects that takes years just to get around to it?
Sad to say I actually sold it. We moved to a new house and I down sized my fleet of crap. I knownhave a shop and more room. But I had to many projects. I regret selling it, butnitnwent tona good home

·
Ducati M.
6,809 Posts
Well that’s kind of disappointing. Did the new owner finish the swap?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well that’s kind of disappointing. Did the new owner finish the swap?
Yeah it kind of sucks. I haven't heard from him since he took it. He was supposed to keep me updated. It went all the way to Ontario Canada. 3600 miles from me

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to let it go, but I do know about having to down size the project list. ;) When I moved up north I had to get rid of a bunch of stuff including my 48 Desoto 2dr Sedan....little sad about it at the time, but not having the extra project(s) looming has equated to a lot less stress.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts