Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Except he’s the dare to be different variety ;) 93oneton another thing to think about is ground clearance.... the g56 is HUGE!!!!! I’ve read that it may drag ground on a 2wd first gen and with how long your wheelbase is that doesn’t help.

Correct that's why my original thought was to leave the four wheel drive transmission and transfer case in it. Twin-stick the 205 transfer case, and then run my air pump for my air system off of the front yoke of the transfer case. Then I could kick the rear end out lock it in front wheel drive put it in gear and air my pump up without ever moving the truck:stirpot:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Question?

What mods will I need to do for motor mounts to make this motor go in the gas frame? I just want to be prepared lol

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
None...just unbolt from the donor and drop in the crew.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well the heart donor is officially flat lined!!! Pulled the cob off to remove the good stuff easier. Once the 11v was removed it for a bath of oven cleaner and high pressure water!! We will get new motor mounts and replace a couple gaskets. Then into the car hauler!!!

For some reason my pics won't post!?!?!?!:crying:

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Well the heart donor is officially flat lined!!! Pulled the cob off to remove the good stuff easier. Once the 11v was removed it for a bath of oven cleaner and high pressure water!! We will get new motor mounts and replace a couple gaskets. Then into the car hauler!!!

For some reason my pics won't post!?!?!?!:crying:

Maybe it’s because you called it an 11v? Haha

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
That's a great deal on the Allison.....and $25 for a lund visor!! Looks like that might be the Monroe WA swap meet? ;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
I like this. This is a good plan.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
That's a great deal on the Allison.....and $25 for a lund visor!! Looks like that might be the Monroe WA swap meet? ;)
it is actually the Portland Swap Meet. I got the Allison and the visor bolt at the racetrack, then there's a 7 swap meet at revention Center. We did 10 and a half miles of walking yesterday

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
it is actually the Portland Swap Meet. I got the Allison and the visor bolt at the racetrack, then there's a 7 swap meet at revention Center. We did 10 and a half miles of walking yesterday

^^^^ I can vouch for how much walking that requires.... I just got done walking all of the convention center and about 1/2 of the racetrack and my legs are done haha. Didn’t find much but still had fun.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
My brother and I went down to the Portland swap meet a couple times....many years ago now...20+ years ago. You know your getting old when you can refer to things you've done in the past by the decade....:D

21 - 40 of 53 Posts