Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
What are you using for a trans in the project?

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
Allison most likely. Investigating my options for adapting it to the 5.9. I believe I have the stock auto out of the wrecked truck sold and I have a line on an Allison
A Duramax Allison or one from a heavy truck? I used to work on Ottawa Yard trucks and they put Allison 1000's behind the 24v's.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Reactions: 93oneton

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Just the transy friend, it will still have an inline 6 with a Spinny injection pump:grin2:
I knew what you meant.....just an option for me to state my thoughts on a duramax....:D ;)

Reactions: 93oneton

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
If your wanting to go manual a zf6 is a really good trans and they can be had cheaper than the others, but then you'll have to have a adapter and flywheel expense though.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
If you can find me /2wd 6 speed I'd be all over it!!
2wd and 4wd g56 are pretty much identical, the only difference is the 2wd has a flange bolted to the back to house the rear seal and the slip yoke for the driveline rides on the same shaft.... just food for thought. A 6 speed mansmission would certainly be cooler than the Allison but all in all your probably better off going auto.

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
Damn you guys lol. Now I don't know what to do hahahaha
That's what happens when you go and post something and ask us to help. Is there anything else you need help with?

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
The 47 and 48re's are good transmissions and the Standalone controller I used in my Blazer made the install easy and fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
The 47 and 48re's are good transmissions and the Standalone controller I used in my Blazer made the install easy and fun to drive.
Except he’s the dare to be different variety ;) 93oneton another thing to think about is ground clearance.... the g56 is HUGE!!!!! I’ve read that it may drag ground on a 2wd first gen and with how long your wheelbase is that doesn’t help.

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
Except he’s the dare to be different variety ;) 93oneton another thing to think about is ground clearance.... the g56 is HUGE!!!!! I’ve read that it may drag ground on a 2wd first gen and with how long your wheelbase is that doesn’t help.
I just had to throw in another option in just to make it more difficult.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts