Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 dodge 3500 with 6.7 cummins. Not the first cummins I've been around but its the first I've owned. Efi live tuner, intake, exhaust, delete. After loading the tune, every once and a while I'll start my truck and there is no throttle(maybe +100 rpm when pressing throttle). After re tuning the truck it will go back to normal for a while. Updated firmware on tuner and tried a different tune that was sent from place I got the tuner from and still dosnt fix it.
I've noticed also a hesitation every once and a while when starting from stop. Was told to try loading stock settings to see it it keeps messing up to rule out the tuner

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
14,197 Posts
Yes, you would need to know if it does it with the stock tune, if it does then it could be the electronic throttle pedal failing, the ecm or something else.
Is it posting any codes???

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 dodge 3500 with 6.7 cummins. Not the first cummins I've been around but its the first I've owned. Efi live tuner, intake, exhaust, delete. After loading the tune, every once and a while I'll start my truck and there is no throttle(maybe +100 rpm when pressing throttle). After re tuning the truck it will go back to normal for a while. Updated firmware on tuner and tried a different tune that was sent from place I got the tuner from and still dosnt fix it.
I've noticed also a hesitation every once and a while when starting from stop. Was told to try loading stock settings to see it it keeps messing up to rule out the tuner

Any thoughts?
Have you load tested your batteries for voltage drops, tuners are very sensitive in amperage drops, let me know ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts