Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put on a throttle enhancer for their fuel pedal hesitation on a 2019 H.O with a Aisin? If so, what have you used? Does it leave a foot print on the computer and void warranty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone put on a throttle enhancer for their fuel pedal hesitation on a 2019 H.O with a Aisin? If so, what have you used? Does it leave a foot print on the computer and void warranty?
Try this. My dealer was the one who suggested it. They say it’s just a potentiometer...it plugs into the pedal assembly and doesn’t mess with the tuning.

It definitely takes the lag out. I’ve been using it in my new truck for 4 days. Wakes it right up!

https://idrive-usa.com/collections/dodge/products/idrive-throttle-controller-to-suit-dodge-ram-2019-onwards

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one truck I had a pedal booster on did make it more responsive but seemed to unnecessarily drop my MPGs so I took it out.
In all honesty and with no disrespect, I didn't buy another diesel for fuel mileage. I am out for the towing capabilities for my company.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try this. My dealer was the one who suggested it. They say it’s just a potentiometer...it plugs into the pedal assembly and doesn’t mess with the tuning.

It definitely takes the lag out. I’ve been using it in my new truck for 4 days. Wakes it right up!

https://idrive-usa.com/collections/dodge/products/idrive-throttle-controller-to-suit-dodge-ram-2019-onwards
Thanks! I wonder if it leaves a footprint on the computer. I mean yes, I would take it out for service at the stealership, but would it leave a permanent red flag on the main computer? It doesn't say on the website. I wrote to them to ask.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
The one truck I had a pedal booster on did make it more responsive but seemed to unnecessarily drop my MPGs so I took it out.
In all honesty and with no disrespect, I didn't buy another diesel for fuel mileage. I am out for the towing capabilities for my company.
Last I checked these didn’t help with capability.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks! I wonder if it leaves a footprint on the computer. I mean yes, I would take it out for service at the stealership, but would it leave a permanent red flag on the main computer? It doesn't say on the website. I wrote to them to ask.
It does not leave a footprint. It simply changes the voltage signal to the throttle. My friends own a dealership. The son ran one and the service manager confirmed it was not detectable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a few different ones I have found also a BD, amped, and psi power or something. Not sure if anyone has any insight or use with these. Also think the carb compliant tuners help this issue. I have zero experience with any of them but am very curious.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I removed my BD Diesel pedal commander from my 2017 Ram HO/Aisin, before trading it in on my 2019 HO Dually.

The dually with the 4:10 gears and the updated and much improved shifts from the tranny...I didn't feel the need to put the throttle sensitivity booster back on.

I installed it two days ago.
WOW! .....why did I wait!
Much, much better and smoother response!

Works better on the '19 then when it was on the '17.

Still can't upload pics to this site...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I went with the Sprint Booster V3. It eliminated lag completely. Turned all the way up (race 9), it wakes the motor up a lot. No rough shifts. And honestly, I'm see a 1 MPG increase if I drive like normal. I bull you not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went with the Sprint Booster V3. It eliminated lag completely. Turned all the way up (race 9), it wakes the motor up a lot. No rough shifts. And honestly, I'm see a 1 MPG increase if I drive like normal. I bull you not.
Is yer transmission an Aisin?

·
US ARMY Retired
710 Posts
I have the Sprint Booster V3 and my trucks a 2019 Ram 3500 with the Aisin. I use "Green 9" are you using the "Red 9"? I do really wake it up but I haven't checked the fuel mileage....but I really like it on the "Green 9" I believe the green is Eco mode and the Red is Race mode. I had one of these on a Hemi and in the Red it is way too much....the pedal was like a hair trigger...is the best way I can describe it. I really like the sprint booster....there is no tapping in to the computer if you take it off before taking it to the dealer they wouldn't know, I leave my on the truck but turn it off/back to stock when I go to the dealer. It helps the pedal response as newer vehicle are no longer drive by wire they send a signal and the sprint booster/Pedal commander etc take that signal and amplify it for a quicker response.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have the Sprint Booster V3 and my trucks a 2019 Ram 3500 with the Aisin. I use "Green 9" are you using the "Red 9"? I do really wake it up but I haven't checked the fuel mileage....but I really like it on the "Green 9" I believe the green is Eco mode and the Red is Race mode. I had one of these on a Hemi and in the Red it is way too much....the pedal was like a hair trigger...is the best way I can describe it. I really like the sprint booster....there is no tapping in to the computer if you take it off before taking it to the dealer they wouldn't know, I leave my on the truck but turn it off/back to stock when I go to the dealer. It helps the pedal response as newer vehicle are no longer drive by wire they send a signal and the sprint booster/Pedal commander etc take that signal and amplify it for a quicker response.
Yes. Red 9. It still hesitates for literally 1 second but then it runs like a scalded ape. With the thing turned off completely, that initial pause is 2-3 seconds. And I know it's possible with newer vehicles to feel exactly like drive by wire. In my Tundras and in my wife's sequoia, there is zero hesitation. It is like you said, hair trigger. I think when they are programming 9000 lb. trucks that can pull 25k lbs, they just don twant to give you the option to goose it hard off the line. Im not complaining. This little Sprint Booster dos make shockingly more power after that initial 1 second pause. And I will turn it way down when I'm towing. Also, my mileage is still improving. I'm at 16.1 MPG on the last 3 tanks calculating by hand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts