Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with the fuel cutting out when accelerating. Truck is a 5 speed and it only does it when pulling out from a stop while accelerating to shift to third or if I slow down, have to downshift and I get back into the pedal. Doesn’t do it after leaving off for every shift and getting back into the throttle. It’ll cut out on me about half way through accelerating and I’ll have to push further down on the pedal to recover it. Truck has no loss of power , replaced fuel filterand run an additive every fill up. Any ideas what could be wrong?

·
Premium Member
20,138 Posts
What's your fuel pressure? When your running a additive is is it a oily additive?

When you do a cold start does it start right up on the first crank?

·
Premium Member
20,138 Posts
Check all the wiring connections to the fuel solenoid.

Good call I forgot all about that one bouncing around and vibration will make a poor wire connection do what is going on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's your fuel pressure? When your running a additive is is it a oily additive?

When you do a cold start does it start right up on the first crank?
Don’t know the fuel pressure, don’t have a gauge to check.

I normally use 2-cycle oil but put Howe’s meaner cleaner power in last fill. I run an additive every fill up.

Yes always starts up warm or cold

·
Premium Member
20,138 Posts
Did you check the wire on the FSS to make sure it is tight on the terminal?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you check the wire on the FSS to make sure it is tight on the terminal?
I had both wires off at the pump and put them back on. They appeared to be okay. A little loose on the terminal but there is a hole on the terminal for the plug to lock onto.

·
Premium Member
20,138 Posts
I'll bet that's the problem the terminal CAN'T be loose that's why it's cutting out.

·
Premium Member
20,138 Posts
The terminal on the wire that is the power wire it's a female spade terminal. Most will just take a pair of pliers and tighten up the gripping part of it so that it pushes on tight, or just put a new one on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The terminal on the wire that is the power wire it's a female spade terminal. Most will just take a pair of pliers and tighten up the gripping part of it so that it pushes on tight, or just put a new one on.
Okay thanks I’ll look into that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts