Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive got a little bit of money to spend on my truck finally (three g's) what things would you recomend to do to my truck with it?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Smarty, Turbo, Injectors.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Gauges, FAAS, what Josh said, oh and exhaust header and straight pipe or stacks. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
air dog or fassto start. get rid of the weak link first. of course that could be said for the trans too...
i like to get the foundation done first before i get to the fun big power stuff.

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
pass on the smarty and get an adrenaline.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well you already have a billet converter. So I would think a heavy duty valve body would be a good cheep way to get power to the ground. Then a set of quality gauges (isspro: fuel psi, EGT, boost) to monitor everything. Id definitly look into a programmer (not sure which is best for the older 24Vs). 5" exhaust to get rid of spent fuel (stacks look really good but thats up to you).

If ya have any left (the stuff above its crazy priced) Id look into some mild injectors. My buddy in college had a older 24V truck with standard mods including big injectors. That truck was FAST!

Good Luck
Joe E.

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
getta big turbo and sticks. and an adrenaline. then save up for a full billet suncoast tranny

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking about the adrenaline with pulse and full 5'' and probably afe stg 2 and then a bd valve body? would my tranny hold up to that with a converter and vb? and then save some more money and get some sticks and turbo with the billet suncoast?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
gauges, tranny, and - oops there's your money
lol sorry
what he said, finish upgrading the tranny and then when more money comes in your possibilites are almost endless.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so spend all three on just the tranny?? im not looking to make it an insanley fast truck im just looking for some good power im not satisfied with it how it is its really laggy and slugish

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
yeah, u don't have to go all billit and that in the tranny, just upgrade all the stuff that needs it, i believe it's bands anchors for them, valve body and plate and the torque converter which you already have done, i'd look into building up the trans just a bit more is all i'm sayin, a few guys on here could help ya there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts