Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 3500 Ram that I am looking to lift. I initially had planned on going with the Carli or Kore lower end systems and throwing 35's on and calling it good. Since the Rize kit has been out for a while, I figured now is a good time to ask.

After seeing the Rize system and talking to a couple shops, it seems like they have built a solid system that will hold up like I would expect. I don't necessarily off-road that much, but if I want to, then I need to trust the parts that I put on the truck.

My question is if I am going to have issues with the lift. My main concern is that no matter what I go with, I expect it to last and not have any adverse effects on the truck. This covers everything from towing to how it affects the driveline and whatever else.

I only ask because I think Rize is a little different judging by the kit, but let me know what you guys think...

BTW, with the steering kit, the set-up is running about $3500...:$::CRY:

· Registered
285 Posts
I don't offroad mine but there is no doubt the Rize kit is tough. It is well engineered and went on rather well. ( I installed it myself and I'm no mechanic.) I honestly don't know if its as good or better offroad than a true long arm kit but I think it will hold up every bit as well. The steering kit comes with the whole kit and mine was shipped to my door for $2500 complete with shocks from Custom Truck Shop in San Dimas,CA. Ask for Louie. Any other questions myself or others on here would be glad to answer.

· Registered
602 Posts
The steering kit does come with the Rize system that is usually priced around $2750. $2500 is a great deal!

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, now I'm getting mixed information from them on their kit. I don't like the idea of 5" blocks in the rear and I want the truck to sit level, so if I do go with this kit, I'm going to replace the rear blocks with Skyjacker 6" leafs and 2" blocks. When I called Top Gun, they told me that the kit with the steering drop system is $2750. The shop who is doing my lift here is saying that it's another $880 on top of the $2750, bringing the total to about $3500.

When I called Top Gun on this, they say it's included and their website even shows it with the steering kit being separate from the lift kit. The dude at Top Gun kept telling me that everything would come out to be $2750 and not $3500.

Does anybody know what the actual price is on this just so I can clear it up?

I appreciate everyones help.

· Registered
1,659 Posts
Yeah, now I'm getting mixed information from them on their kit. I don't like the idea of 5" blocks in the rear and I want the truck to sit level, so if I do go with this kit, I'm going to replace the rear blocks with Skyjacker 6" leafs and 2" blocks. When I called Top Gun, they told me that the kit with the steering drop system is $2750. The shop who is doing my lift here is saying that it's another $880 on top of the $2750, bringing the total to about $3500.

When I called Top Gun on this, they say it's included and their website even shows it with the steering kit being separate from the lift kit. The dude at Top Gun kept telling me that everything would come out to be $2750 and not $3500.

Is the shop quoting an extra $800 for labor? That would be pretty expensive for an install, but I know nothing about Rize and install time.

· Registered
60 Posts

$2750 is what I sell the kit for and it has the steering drop system.It take a good 8 hrs for a person that does lifts all the time to install it.

· Registered
2,285 Posts

The 5" lift in the rear makes it level, if u put a full 8" lift in the rear it will have a rake. Unless you pull or offroad alot i dont see a problem with the block.Hell if offroaded some trucks pretty hard with blocks with no problems. Considering this is a fullsize truck and an 08 i dont see you getting to extreme offroad. Probably just a lil mud am i correct.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
$2750 is what I sell the kit for and it has the steering drop system.It take a good 8 hrs for a person that does lifts all the time to install it.
Ok, so what my local guy is quoting me at is that the kit is $2750 and the steering drop system is $880 additional. The Top Gunz website even shows that these two are separate costs. The install on the kit is about $900.

This is where the confusion begins, because my local guys is looking on the website and seeing the two different costs as well which add up to $3500. Or is it that you have the option to buy the steering drop kit separate and they list the cost for it?

Here is the link to what I'm looking at by the way...

Edited to add: Top Gun has been telling me that the drop system that appears as extra on their website is included with the kit.

Top Gun Customz - 03-08 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 4 Wheel Drive

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 5" lift in the rear makes it level, if u put a full 8" lift in the rear it will have a rake. Unless you pull or offroad alot i dont see a problem with the block.Hell if offroaded some trucks pretty hard with blocks with no problems. Considering this is a fullsize truck and an 08 i dont see you getting to extreme offroad. Probably just a lil mud am i correct.
Everyone's telling me that it's gonna have the Cali lean in the front by about an inch, and judging by the pics I have seen, it looks to be the case. As far as the blocks, I'm not going to be doing anything crazy offroad, but I certainly don't want blocks back there when towing. I would rather put a quality rear end suspension than blocks...

· Registered
285 Posts
They will sell you the steering drop kit separate to correct your steering if you went with another brand lift. The $2750 kit comes with it. The blocks set my level, but I'm planning on upgrading to 6" rear leafs when I put on some King shocks in the future-just for ride quality.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy $%^ this is confusing!!!! Lol...

So my local guy is confused then? He's thinking I have to purchase the $900 steering drop kit when it's actually a part of the $2700 kit?

I don't mean to be a pain in the , but you guys are helping me out huge on this.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While were at it, did you guys with a diesel experience a huge power and mileage loss. I have 3.73's in right now and I figured I would ask those who have it...

· Registered
285 Posts
I have 3.73s also. I can tell it doesn't jump off the line like it did stock but still feels faster than my V8 Silverado I had before this one. My best highway MPG before the lift was 16, my best so far with the lift has been 14. In town I'm getting 12-13. All hand calculated. No problem, ask anything.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have 3.73s also. I can tell it doesn't jump off the line like it did stock but still feels faster than my V8 Silverado I had before this one. My best highway MPG before the lift was 16, my best so far with the lift has been 14. In town I'm getting 12-13. All hand calculated. No problem, ask anything.
Ok, so my post at the top of the page, am I on the right track? lol

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, complete kit includes steering for $2750 or $2500 if you note my first post.
Oh I noted alright, but when you're getting different stories, you become skeptical...

I appreciate you clearing it up for me though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.