Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my truck was stolen the jerks did a bit of off-roading and put a long deep scratch on my rocker panel. Instead of having it painted I wanted to put on some type of rocker panel guards but hate the chrome ones. I noticed stampede products makes some camo ones and was wondering if any of you guys have them and if their quailty is good. I would really like solid black ones but cannot find any on google.Thanks guys.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,010 Posts
Not sure what this has to do with performance parts? Does it make your truck go faster? Or does being camo make it so the PO don't see us?

PS: Sorry to hear about your truck being stolen. If you look at JC Whitney they have chrome and diamond plate rocker tape.

·
Diesel freak!!
200 Posts
I would have them sprayed with line-x. It looks good and protects the rockers.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I would have them sprayed with line-x. It looks good and protects the rockers.
yep just had mine sprayed its still in the body shop now but looks way good, I would go that route.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Go to the Auto and Body section on the forum and read there. There some pro and cons of line x and more on painting the rockers.

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
I have seen some on a tan colored dodge and it looked good. It was lifted a little and had fender flares.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about posting in the wrong place guys.I searched in the paint and body and decided to do the Line-x xtra to match the truck.I'am also going to have them to do the Frontier replacement on the front and the bed to match.I was looking at the website for Line-x of Ft.Worth and they seem to do a great job,any thoughts?Later.

·
Registered
595 Posts
No idea where I ever got this photo from, but I saved it when I saw it. I'll be darned. It came in handy.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
The rockers would have been cool, but thats a little gawdy.

·
World Champs!!!
24,255 Posts
No idea where I ever got this photo from, but I saved it when I saw it. I'll be darned. It came in handy.

Thats the UGLIEST truck Ive ever seen. Theres a truck around here thats got camo below the lower body line and on the fender flares...looks like @$$ in my opinion. Camos worse than bedliner, but Im not a fan of bedliner on there either...

Just an FYI, I hear this referred to as the rocker panel all too often, but the rocker is the part of the body where you kick s*** off your shoes/boots, and step up into the cab. Its the main support for the body and floor on the sides...

·
Pushing Dirt In Nebraska
57 Posts
I line-X my rocker panels black and have done this on several trucks. I have never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I agree. It's not my cup of tea. I simply saved the photo because I liked the front bumper.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's your truck and you're paying the note - get what you want. I've seen trucks that had the camo rocker panels that looked really sharp (I've also seen many, many trucks that others bragged about that looked pretty lame!)

If you go with bed-liner, make sure that's really what you want, as it's mostly permanent. Stick-on rocker panel trim can easily be removed in an afternoon if you change your mind. (For example, chrome rocker panels have been in and out of style several times since I had my first truck in the 70's.)

Go for it!

·
Registered
13,852 Posts
chrome rocker panels can't easily be removed in an afternoon... you can cuss at them and eventually get them and all the adhesive off, but the stains they leave on the paint are another issue. never mind the fact that they look trashy and should never be installed in the first place

·
World Champs!!!
24,255 Posts
I would do bedliner on the lower doors before I did the stick-on chrome. Ive had to take that crap off before painting a truck numerous times. Best way is to use a heat gun, which carries the risk of warping the panel and itll tincan instead of hold its shape (push it lightly and itll pop like a tin can and hold that, instead of going in a bit and returning to its original form...ask me how I know :doh:)

Bedliner isnt permanent. You can pry up an edge and peel it off 90% of the time. It does require a paint job, but that aint nothin

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Does anyone have an idea on how much it would cost to get the bottom of the truck bedlined?

·
Registered
4,830 Posts

WOW if you want to ruin a good truck that is a good way to start.

How bout the stripe down the middel even on the roof? and the center caps over the lug nuts

1 - 20 of 37 Posts