Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aright so i thought i had an hx 35, i just looked and have a whc1, can i still use this for a twin with an ht3b or should i get an hx 35 or 40? and will these match up so i can use it as a larger single until i can afford twins?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody got any suggestions, wondering if its worth the time and money to rebuild this one or just buy an hx40 and make twins with that later.

·
Registered
277 Posts
well if you where really going to buy a new turbo go buy a really nice single like a phat shaft or something of the sort and save up for a big bottom turbo.

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
yea, some of the very early 94s didnt get the 'newer' hx35.

Surely you can still use the W on some twins but i wouldnt expect alot out of it, i would be looking for an hx40 if you plan on decent power

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
Pretty much the same beast but IIRC the hx flows slightly more than the WH1C

·
Registered
234 Posts
I believe the wh1c can actually take a bigger wheel if you make a hybrid. I have a hard time thinking you will notice a difference with the wh1c vs an hx in twins. Both 94s motors I have came with the wh1c. Use the wh1c, build your twins, upgrade later to a S300, IMHO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aright, thanx, i guess ill order a rebuild kit for this w then, and use it, unless i can find a cheap hx 40 layin around

·
Registered
736 Posts
my truck has a build date of 11/94 and it came with a wh1c, so, you will find em on early 95's also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts