Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind do you have? How much was the cost? Are you happy with it? Filter mount location, any pics? How did you run the return line?

Thanks all for your time. Steve

·
Registered
287 Posts
Chuck @ duluthdiesel can hook u up with an amsoil system. Just installed mine so far so good!!:hyper:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chuck is who I am talking to and most likely going to buy from. I was woundering about mounting location

·
Registered
161 Posts
build your owm ... google it

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Here is a few pics of my mount and bracket. FWI--Amsoil doesn't recommend this mounting location, but this is where the FASS systems are mounted so,,,,,

·
Registered
786 Posts
Here is mine, I chose the same mounting spot - easy and the filter is out of the way of fuel filter changes

Nothing against Amsoil version, spent more on this vs Amsoil mount and got a whole case of B50 filters.

·
Registered
47 Posts
fs 2500 mounts same way cost is higher but is a nice unit. draining fuel filter is a little tight but not really a problem. oil return in fill cap is really close to insulation on hood.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have also been considering this, how much did this swap cost you all?

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
looks like everyone uses the same spot. any one else mount theres else where?
I've seen them mounted along the passenger frame rail, on the fire wall on the passenger side, to the passenger sidewall in the engine compartment, and to the bumper mount in front of the passenger side front tire.

Check Amsoil's website for install locations. Also, Amsoil is changing the the bypass kits. The new kit for 3rd gen is the BMK-21, and comes with larger lines and fittings (for more flow).

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Shup1,

Yes you saved some money with the Baldwin set up but the Baldwin B50 filters don't filter down in the 2 micron range like Amsoil unit can.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
The AMSOIL filters are 2 micron at 98.7% efficiency. The FS2500 filter is not as good, only at 2.78 micron.

The new BMK-21 and BMK-25 systems from AMSOIL flow better than the former BMK-11 and BMK-15.

Here are AMSOIL's install photos: AMSOIL Oil Bypass Install Photos

I have my BMK-15 mounted on the cross member under my intercooler on my '02. My front receiver hitch protects the filters hanging down.

-Chuck

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but does anybody have just a filter relocation kit? Just to move the filter to a spot that's easy to get to it? I'm not looking for a bypass setup, just a way to actually get to the filter to change it.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Well it would give you a bypass kit, but the new BMK-25 is the new dual mount kit from AMSOIL that remote mounts both the bypass and full flow filters. I have the older variant of this, the BMK-15, on my truck. It comes with an adaptor plate that goes where your factory oil filter was, and the oil goes to the full flow and bypass filters that are remote mounted. They are much easier to reach than in the factory location. This is especially handy for guy with twin turbos who end up having to remove their turbo piping to change the filter when it is in the factory location. While the old BMK-15 kits could not be mounted on 3rd gen Cummins engines, the new BMK-25 can be run on 3rd gen trucks. Or you could just get the Cummins adaptor plate separate and try to find a mount for just a normal full flow filter that you could make lines for.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Here is mine, I chose the same mounting spot - easy and the filter is out of the way of fuel filter changes

Nothing against Amsoil version, spent more on this vs Amsoil mount and got a whole case of B50 filters.

DBLR... As you can see I never claimed to have a superior setup...just showed the guy what I had and mentioned I had spent more than Amsoil setup available...

:popcorn:

·
Registered
307 Posts

I dont think i can mount mine there there is somthing in the way i think what other options do i have on the frame or the setup where my stock one is?

·
Registered
159 Posts
The APPS is in the way on your 04.5. I made myself a bracket over by the tranny dipstick. I'll take a picture and throw it up here sometime soon.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have mine mounted on the front passenger body mount. I had it mounted in front of the intake horn like the rest of the guys, but apparently it shook so bad that a weld on the bracket actually broke. So instead of rewelding it, I relocated it. I like the new location. It is out of the way, and I can change both filters at the same time - the stock full flow and the bypass.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts