Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I played around with the smoke switch, and couldnt get it to work but while doing this I found one thing you could do that was the same thing. It is kinda a pain but with the truck running unplug the map sensor and then plug back in. When you get back in your truck the cel will be on along with the lighting bolt light. With edge on 6 and mp8 turned up all the way take off. You will instantly now if it worked or not. Some times I have to unplug the sensor up to 3-4 times just shut the truck off and try again tell it works. You will lose power but it will smoke pretty good as you have seen from my videos. Sometimes after you do this the truck will keep doing it on its on for a few miles, just keep reseting the cel and it will eventualy clear its self up. Any questions let me know.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
I was hoping to here that you put a PMT on your truck!!

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to here that you put a PMT on your truck!!
I thought about it but buddy really didnt seem interested on doing a higher hp tune then 110 for me and for less of hp with what I all ready have it aint worth it to me

·
Registered
192 Posts
if u dont any performance chip can u still do it????

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
being that worked some way a smoke switch should be able to work. Thanks for the post KMK.

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
being that worked some way a smoke switch should be able to work. Thanks for the post KMK.
Thats what I thought I tried just like you do on the 5.9 and nothing and even tried switching up the wires a little. I got the wiring diagram from my tech to try it. I just put a connector on all the wires so I didnt have to cut into it and hooked them up on the edge harness. I didnt spend alot of time on it just played around one day, so if anyone else gets bored give it a try. I coulnt even get it to throw a code or anything either trying it.

·
5,059 Posts
Well i am thinking its gonna me a little more complex then the 5.9s as everything else has been. Reading another thread they were having to put resisters in line to get them to work on some trucks. Just gonna take a few trys. Maybe it can happen, maybe not. Thanks for the info so far. Do you know what wires are which? Looks like the edge module only interupts one of the map sensor wires, the other 3 appear to be a straight through. That is the one i believe is the boost fooling one.

·
Registered
622 Posts
How about an "anti-smoke at idle" switch..... Mine smokes like crazy, in gear at a stop light. Anyone elses???

BTW love the video KMK. I'll have some up after TS this weekend.

·
Registered
326 Posts
How about an "anti-smoke at idle" switch..... Mine smokes like crazy, in gear at a stop light. Anyone elses???

BTW love the video KMK. I'll have some up after TS this weekend.
mine too. smokes like a train at idle, so much so it almost smokes less when towing at full throttle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
wow im jealous i wish i had this problem with mine i dont get sheeeet for smoke and i got the edge on 6 and the mp8 all the way up and i dont get anything with the map sensor switch

·
Registered
616 Posts
Can you post your video link?

:popcorn:

Mine barely smokes even when I romp on it....wonder if it because of my intercooler.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had a loose power wire on my edge box for a while, and after hitting bumps sometimes it would restart. Didn't think much of it till i went pass right while it did this. As i rolled into it and looked in my mirror to see if i could get over i noticed that i couldnt see the cars behind me!!:popcorn: It was nuts! The only truck that ive seen pour it like that around here is a Dmax with EFI live on it....he has even gotten an "excessive black diesel smoke" ticket no joke thats what it said on there. I have not played with this but its got to do something with the edge being hooked to the MAP.

Oh and by the way i was running, pup on Perf, mp at 100% and edge on 2 with Juice timing and low end fueling on lowest

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
616 Posts
So you mess with your map sensor to get the smoke?

I have the same mods as you do except the stacks. And a few other differences.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hell yeah

Right on coal i just tried your method for smoke and it worked awsome i jammedd a flat head right in the wheel in the turbine housing and it was awsome amount of smoke. The other thing that creates a lot of black smoke is if you guys can locate the labia valve in the egr if you can pinch it off you can roal the coal crazy madd.

·
Banned
706 Posts
Stick a screwdriver in your compressor wheel - it will cause a lot of smoke :p
Thats funny right there, I don't care who you are.:rof

·
5,059 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
I didn't really see that much smoke, and it actually just sparked a good bit before breaking the wheel and my screwdriver. So now i guess someone owe's me a new screwdriver!

haha that would be a disaster! Good laugh for the morning however

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
What good is this mod if you loose 100 hp or more? If it made the truck rip then fine I would try it. If you want smoke with zero gains in performance you could try injecting something that burns black into the exhaust pipe after the turbo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts