Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to start out, the spider gears in my dana 80 blew so after sitting in the drive way for a while i finally got a complete rear axle and the guts for the front to switch to 3.55 gears instead of 4.10's. That project went pretty smooth other then breaking the bolt on one of the u-joint bands and i was very pleased with the difference on the road (actually being able to run highway speeds is a help). So after just over a week of having my truck back, instead of a honda cr-v :doh: ,and just filling the tank my injector pump decided it was time to take a crap on me. That with other stuff going on is not making this a good year so far. Now with the questions: has anyone had experience with columbus diesel supply and their pumps or which pumps/companies do you have helpful info on (whether to stay away from or go to)? :S: TIA

·
Registered
165 Posts
I feel your pain! I've sworn and cussed at my truck a few times when it's left me dead on the side of the road. These things are money pits. Makes one reluctant to make a long distance trip with it.

I bought my last VP44 through JKidd of Diesel Auto Power. Couldn't have asked for a greater transaction. And decent price, too.

Good luck!

·
Diesel Filled Veins!
5,374 Posts
Bought my ADII 165 from JKidd as well. Excellent guy, great communication he'll do you up right for a VP44 and cost you less than you think. Diesel Auto Power all the way!

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
There are several vendors on this forum. Ask for competive quotes. A local supplier is not a bad ideal also. Easy to get answeres face to face. Make sure has a full year warranty.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
There are several vendors on this forum. Ask for competive quotes. A local supplier is not a bad ideal also. Easy to get answeres face to face. Make sure has a full year warranty.
:agree2: I would talk to the vendors here on the site first and see what they could do for ya...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all. At least its a place to start

·
Vendor
8,486 Posts
Most of my pumps are shipped from IL so they should get to you in 2 days with free shipping.

Get a quality pump and it should last you 100-150k maybe more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts