Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,395 Posts
I received two of these from a couple of the ford truck forums I used to frequent back when I had my F250.

So, it's not just happening here.

Report it to a moderator and they will get the account deleted.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm getting PM's from flirty girls too, please make it stop.

·
The Uppity 12v Guy
8,131 Posts
It's not necessary to report the PMs on this latest rash. My phone was going off all night. We are aware of the issue.

I personally spent the last hour and a half banning hundreds of these spammer accounts. I have escalated the issue to Autoguide as I feel more could been done to intercept them in the registration process.

Most of you aren't stupid enough to fall for this but I do need to say out loud for the few who might be receptive to this type of scam:

These are not really girls.
They do not want you.
These are crooks in a third-world country.
Any leverage you give them will be used against you.
DO NOT PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR SEND MONEY.
When they've swindled you out of your money and/or stolen your identity, they will sell your information to their friends and the cycle repeats.

Repeat after me:

"Not today, ISIS!"

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I think it’s all tied to what you’re googling - I guess I know what you guys are searching for.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I didn't get one..........I feel left out. IIRC these ads are based on you browser history...................................
They weren't ads. They were PMs from a new account. While it is possible to tailor forum messages and emails based on surveys of your browser cache -- LinkedIn does that quite a lot, and it can get downright creepy -- that requires the complete support of the web client. So... if those PMs had been based on browser cache surveys, it would mean that CumminsForum.com was compromised, or that they'd supported a really invasive plug-in.

I should add... so it's far more likely that they were just scam PMs from robo accounts.

·
P2609 Fanatic
1,619 Posts
Ya me too, maybe we can make a 3 way.
I'll bring a 5 gallon bucket of mayonnaise and my two dobermans and we can make it a 6 way. :headbang:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts