Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK GUYS IF SOMEONE HAS ALREADY POSTED HOW TO DO THIS, IM SORRY, BUT I DID MINE TONIGHT, AND TOOK PICTURES, SO I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE A NICE WRITE-UP..

THIS IS WHEN I STARTED..

YOU WILL NEED A LARGE, AND SMALL PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER, A STANDARD SCREWDRIVEr, AND A 10MM SOCKET..

NEXT YOU WILL REMOVE THE DOOR HANDLE, BE CAREFUL NOT TO RUN THE BOLT ALL THE WAY OUT, ITS THREADED TO STAY IN THE HANDLE, IT USES A 10MM BLOT..

THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS...

NEXT TAKE THE LARGE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVE AND REMOVE THE TWO SCREWS, ONE IS BEHIND THE DOOR HANDLE, AND THE OTHER AT THE FRONT TOP OF THE PLASTIC DOOR COVER..

NEXT REMOVE THE TWO SCREWS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR WITH THE SMALL PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER.. THEY LOOK LIKE THIS AND ARE ONE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR AT THE FRONT AND THE REAR..

REMOVE THE DOOR PANEL BE CAREFUL PULLING THE CONTROL BEZEL OUT, YOU WILL BREAK THE CLIPS, REMOVE AND YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS..

GO BACK TO THE FRONT OF THE DOOR AND YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS... NOTICE THE WIRE FOR THE POWER MIRRORS, AND IF YOU LOOK THERE ARE THREE BOLT HOLDING THE MIRROR ON.. THEY ARE ALSO 10MM..

UNPLUG THE POWER WIRE VERY CAREFULLY..

REMOVE THE THREE BOLTS, AND MAKE SURE YOU DONT LOOSE THEM, YOU MAY HAVE TO RE-USE THEM

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR WINDOW DOWN, TAKE THE STANDARD SCREWDRIVER, AND PUSH IN ON EACH SIDE OF THIS WHITE CLIP, CARE NOT TO BREAK THE RETAINING CLIP, AND HOLD THE MIRROR ON THE OUTSIDE, SO IT DOESNT FALL OFF..

REMOVE THE MIRROR..

TAKE YOUR NEW TOW MIRROR.. AND LINE UP THE THREE HOLES, AND SLIDE IN, THE RETAINING CLIP WILL HOLD THE MIRROR INPLACE, HOWEVER I WOULDNT RECCOMEND TAKING YOUR HAND OFF THE MIRROR AS YOU PLACE IT IN..

ONCE YOU GET THE MIRROR IN AND LINED UP, REPLACE THESE THREE NUTS..

REPEAT THE ABOVE STEPS IN REVERSE.. MAKE SURE YOU PLUG IN THE HARNESS FOR THE POWER MIRRORS, INSTALL THE DOOR PANEL, REPLACE ALL THE SCREWS, AND REPLACE THE DOOR HANDLE, AND THATS IT, YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS...

AND THATS THIRD GENERATION TOW MIRROR INSTALLATION... :thumbsup

·
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump, just getting it up so you guys can read if you want to... :thumbsup

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Hey Smoke, Great write up:thumbsup BUT did you get a set of backing plates for those? Or does someone need to correct me and say those are only for 2nd gen trucks? Later man...

·
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, factory set for a third gen... no backing plates, so its all good...

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Great Article! :thumbsup

Moved to the 3rd gen, Tech Articles.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status