Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I have been doing some thinking since Saturday evening, and I'm starting to come to the realization that I may have to get rid of the truck, as much as it would pain me to do...This is stemming from realizing how much debt I'm really in, which in turn was brought on by the fact that I had 2 cards of mine decline when trying to pay for something as simple as my meal and some of the beer at Platte River (which it did get it squared away eventually)...

I've made a lot of bad choices money-wise, and while I feel the truck definitely is not one of them, it most likely will have to be a casualty of my bad choices, seeing as how it itself, is one of my biggest debts...

I had a lot of plans for the behemoth, but I won't be able to follow through with any of it unfortunately...

I'm hoping the truck doesn't end up having to go, but at this point, I pretty much don't have much choice but to get rid of her, so that I can get out of the hole I put myself into...

Sorry you all had to read this, and don't mean to be such a downer, but I had to get it out...Sucks having to think about, and make decisions such as this... :banghead:

·
Registered
213 Posts
there's always other trucks man. it sucks to get rid of something you've worked so hard on, but it might be better in the long run....Sorry to hear that you might have to lose the truck, but get everything squared away financially and you'll have another one. Good luck you man.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Dude that sucks balls! That truck is cool too! I have been in your situation and there is a light at the end of the tunnel but it takes lots of discipline. I started listening to a guy named Dave Ramsey on the radio and he will get you out of debt the right way look him up! Basically he says to pay minimum payments on all of your debts except the smallest one then attack the smallest one with everything you got once its gone move to the next smallest one and so on you will be out before you know it. You might have to eat ramen noodles three meals a day but it works! I did this before I bought my house to get rid of debt!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dude that sucks balls! That truck is cool too! I have been in your situation and there is a light at the end of the tunnel but it takes lots of discipline. I started listening to a guy named Dave Ramsey on the radio and he will get you out of debt the right way look him up! Basically he says to pay minimum payments on all of your debts except the smallest one then attack the smallest one with everything you got once its gone move to the next smallest one and so on you will be out before you know it. You might have to eat ramen noodles three meals a day but it works! I did this before I bought my house to get rid of debt!
This is an AWESOME way to get out of the hole, thats how I did it. Then once you are out, cut up all of your credit cards. I dont even own a single card now except a debit card but thats money I already have lol. And then it is HARDCORE disipline! You gotta think every purchase through, do you absolutely NEED it or just WANT it? If it is a want, set a little aside out of paychecks and save for it. Then when you have enough saved to buy yourself a little toy, it will feel 100 times better getting it that way rather then right when you want it and can't afford it.:thumbsup: It'll all get better man just takes discipline and hard work effort towards it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sorry to hear your situation bro, i had to make that decision myself about 4 yrs ago. It killed me to see the truck go, but like others have said "There will always be another truck out there" for you to build when the time is right. Im sure i speak for everyone in saying it doesnt make you the person you are, and hell i'd prolly let you drive mine now and again when you get the urge to burn a little diesel. Things will work out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dude, I hate to hear of it, but I know where you're coming from.....I was diggin' pretty freakin' hard on your truck as it was parked next to mine at Platte River. :drool2:

I've come and gone in and out of pimp times and hard times. The tides turn quickly sometimes. As mentioned, if you do sell it, there will be other trucks to follow. Sometimes things go down, but they usually come back up. (not a chick reference there)

Wish you the best, man :beer

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.....If I wouldn't have bought that stoopid 2010 from Kenny, I'd be trying to buy yours! :beer:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. I am kind of in your situation at the moment, but have other things I can sell that I don't really use or need at the moment before I sell my truck...it's my money maker. Credit cards are good to have if you can discipline yourself. It takes alot of sitting in the house and not going out and spending money on "fun" things.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Sometimes things go down, but they usually come back up. (not a chick reference there)

Yeah Rex try and convince Kenny that that wasn't what you were talking about!!!!:hehe:

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,748 Posts
Hey John, sorry to hear about all of this bro. If there is anything I can do to try and help you out bro, let me know! Been there, done that and it is tough to do, but in the end good things are bound to happen for those who wait! :thumbsup:

Rex, that is going to be the baddest 2010 around here, geezer!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
:thumbsup:
Definitely something I'll have to try...never something I would've thought to do, so I appreciate that suggestion...guess It'll give me an excuse to use the ol' Costco card finally and buy in bulk...wonder if I can buy said Ramen Noodles by the pallet :hehe:

Dude, I hate to hear of it, but I know where you're coming from.....I was diggin' pretty freakin' hard on your truck as it was parked next to mine at Platte River. :drool2:

I've come and gone in and out of pimp times and hard times. The tides turn quickly sometimes. As mentioned, if you do sell it, there will be other trucks to follow. Sometimes things go down, but they usually come back up. (not a chick reference there)

Wish you the best, man :beer

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.....If I wouldn't have bought that stoopid 2010 from Kenny, I'd be trying to buy yours! :beer:
:hehe: Well, I think you'll dig on the 2010 once you get enough time to enjoy it. I must say though, that they are pretty darned expensive, which is the biggest turn-off, but they are REALLY really sweet. Definitely wouldn't have minded working out something and handing the behemoth over though.

Hey John, sorry to hear about all of this bro. If there is anything I can do to try and help you out bro, let me know! Been there, done that and it is tough to do, but in the end good things are bound to happen for those who wait! :thumbsup:

Rex, that is going to be the baddest 2010 around here, geezer!
I appreciate that Mr. Kenny :thumbsup: I'll be sure to let you know if I think of anything.

I appreciate EVERYones input, suggestions and such...VERY much...

After seeing my paycheck today, well, it's looking to be a for sure thing that I part ways with the truck. Things at work have sucked A LOT lately, and given how slow it is, my next check is probably going to be worse...It's getting real ugly :(

So in light of that, guess I'll have to look into how much I can get for her, and if that'll be enough to pay off the loan I currently have...plus I gotta look into getting a little POS to get around in in the meantime.

I just hope that someone here on the CumminsForum will be able to take the reigns, because I'll know she'll be in good hands, and would love to see it's full potential brought out with all the goodies available.

*sigh* this sucks, but I gotta do what I gotta do I suppose...once again, thanks everyone.

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,748 Posts
Hey John, let me know what you think about the PM I just sent you..... :confused013:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey bud, I am sorry to hear about you having to sell your truck. I/we all know or have been in that situation. I personally have been there too. The only reason why I am even able to have my truck is because of my wife. I was a total chithead when it came to finances, but my wife set me straight, and she help me build my credit way up.

Ask people for help if you need too. God knows I was a dumba$$ and had to much pride to ask for help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There are some great replies/suggestions here! I also feel for you and understand what you are going through. I would say it is way better to sell the truck, get on top of things, and start over later when you can truly afford it, rather than have the bank take it and ruin your credit in the process. My problem is that I haven't been able to sell my truck for what I owe on it and then I'm looking at either driving an untrustworthy junker or getting another loan for a different truck :banghead:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
There are some great replies/suggestions here! I also feel for you and understand what you are going through. I would say it is way better to sell the truck, get on top of things, and start over later when you can truly afford it, rather than have the bank take it and ruin your credit in the process. My problem is that I haven't been able to sell my truck for what I owe on it and then I'm looking at either driving an untrustworthy junker or getting another loan for a different truck :banghead:
I have to agree that all the input, suggestions and so forth have been great, and its real nice to know that good people are present, and are willing to offer such advice and help to a fellow person such as myself.

That's the problem I'm afraid of having myself, is not being able to sell it for what is owed, and I absolutely refuse to give it back to the bank as a voluntary repossession, let alone have it forcefully repoed, which I won't let happen as well, since I have never missed a payment and nor do i ever plan to miss one, regardless of the situation. I don't want that strike on my record either way, and If I have to keep the truck around that much longer to insure of that, so be it, but I definitely need to do SOMEthing about my debts one way or another.

I just need to realize that trucks like mine are all over the place, and I'm sure once I can get debts settled and what not, a replacement shouldn't be too hard to find.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, keep your chin up and good luck!

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,748 Posts
Hey John, if you want to sell it, let me know and I will do what I can to get it on Craiglist and any other avenue that I can, and try to get you more than you owe, so you can HAVE and SAVE the extra money for a rainy day!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey John, if you want to sell it, let me know and I will do what I can to get it on Craiglist and any other avenue that I can, and try to get you more than you owe, so you can HAVE and SAVE the extra money for a rainy day!
Your the man Kenny! Your probably the best person to talk to about selling it.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
630 Posts
Live to day as it might be your last. If you want it achieve it. The only person ever stopping you from you dreams are your will. I say if you want it in your life keep it and make it happen. If you doubt it sell it and move on.. Today might be are lasts but I sure did all I can today.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alrighty my friend :thumbsup:...I'm more than likely going to be mulling things over for a little while, possibly even while I'm out of town from the 2nd to the 8th, but in any case I'll keep in touch.

Your the man Kenny! Your probably the best person to talk to about selling it.:thumbsup:
I've seen what Kenny can do during his stint at my store, and I couldn't agree more with that! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts