Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Thinking of getting this truck

897 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RangerXP 
#1 ·
Greetings,

Been trying to find the truck that I partically want and finally found one but have some questions about what's going on under the hood. For some reason the turbo placement looks funny to me and looks to have (or used) to have a hood stack. Also has a mystery tube coming out of the air box tube that goes to the turbo.
Ive been looking for a regular cab,6spd,4x4 either black,inferno red, or silver forever. Can't seem to find one that isn't too expensive.

Heres the link: http://images7.ecarlist.com/photos/1318_501997/640/29.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Used to have a 92 chummins but there was an incident with some trees and being overserved.. so.. Thanks in advance

#3 ·
That is what I was thinking.. but how ? some sort of custom manifold ? I don't get it

#4 ·
Yeah I would not even think about buying that truck, except if it was cheap enough where I could afford to fix the engine when it breaks. I bet that thing has been hot rodded like crazy.

#5 ·
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Its got 169k and they want 14 for it. Not a bad price.. BUT the dealer is an idiot, I asked him about (via phone) and he had no clue what was going on with the truck.. Oh well, another day

#6 · (Edited)
what year, how's the body and interior.

offer him $10k out the door if it runs good and has no blowby warmed up. look at the blow by tube after driving it hard for 20 miles for any oil blowback. also check tranny and clutch, both expensive to service.
good chance he'll take it with that many miles and the economy
$14 is too high even if it were an 07 with those type of hot rod modes and miles.

looks like an 03 04 with the APPS mounted on the front intake manifold driver side
does it still have the lift pump mounted on the back side of the FF cannister?

#8 ·
well here inlies the problem.. Im in Indiana.. truck is in texas .. Im really leaning to the fact of not getting it because I myself would not be able to drive it

It is an 03 .. Heres the link to the actual truck.. i like it except for the stupid stupid front bumper.. that would have to go first

Thanks for the input guys

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Mansfield, Texas | North Texas Truck Stop

#9 ·
The truck seems like it would just be a bad idea... The mystery tube coming out of the intake looked like some sort of attachment for a fogger, like mabe water/alcohol or propane...

The truck itself is absolutely stunning with the exception of the long bed and the bumper, but with the potential to have to spend the same amount you'll pay for the truck to fix an engine and transmission, I'd be pretty careful. I picked up the truck I have last year for 13k out the door, so they're out there, you just have to look.

#10 ·
Oh I have been looking. I travel nationwide for my job so im always rubbernecking and always on the typical for sale sites. Hard to find one that a dealer doesnt want 20k+ with 80,90,100 thousand on it.. "but its a diesel" sure the motor is but not the rest of the truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.