Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rolled over 397,000 miles on my 1997 3500 and went to the dealer to look at new 6.7 3500s wanting to know how it peforms before i buy one anyone fill me in on the new motor?
Cant find any magazine test on it Hows it tow? How fast is it not planning to race but do get challeged by fords a lot want to know if its worth that $53,000 Tag?:confused013:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I can not speak for everyone on their experience with the newer Dodges and the 6.7L engine. I can only state my own experience with this truck and the 6.7L engine.
I. I love the exhaust brake and the 68RFE 6 speed auto with tow/haul.
2. Great torque and HP
3. Very poor fuel mileage compared to the 5.9L and the old 12V engines. I get 13 to 14 MPG in town and when towing 10 to 11 MPG with the 5er.
4. I have the Mega Cab and love the extra room for traveling.
5. Would I buy another Dodge and 6.7L again. Yes; I would Cummins only engine to own.
6. Would I pay 53K for one. No, I am sure that you can get a lower price for a new 08/09 then that. I bought mine for 38K, 2500HD Mega Cab SLT in Nov 2007. Dealers were not hurting then like now. Did have to visit 5 different dealers and bought my truck 75 miles away. Local dealer will do the service work and warranty, at least mine will.
Just my $0.02

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks For the Advice Jim have to re think that sounds nice looks nice but might try and find another 1997 have had 0 problems with anything except sqeeks doors and faiding paint on mine and im getting 21-22 MPG Highway and 16-17 Towing a Bobcat.
But on the other hand cant keep showing up on my jobsites with an old beat up Truck like the mega cab but gotta have an 8 foot bed and extended cab 1 ton.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was a 2007.5 owner and Dodge did buyback for me. Bought an 09 RAM. Can't tow my boat worth crap. 10 MPG and it struggles. Decided to plunge back in over the weekend. Picked up an 09 Megacab 4X4 slt that listed for 53,230. My pre tax price is 40,858. I feel like I could have done a grand better on that but I didn't have the energy to dicker. It has bucket seats, but no heated leather. No dual zone climate controls which are useless on this truck in the Texas summer, no nav, no sunroof and no rear entertainment. I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I really wanted the bucket seats. I would say your target price should be $40,000 pre tax.

·
Registered
423 Posts
FYI, I stopped by a dealership this weekend and my old 07.5 megacab was in the back. They must have purchased it from the dealer who did the buyback. It looked like crap. Hubs off, I could tell they removed the dpf because of a harness hanging loose underneath. Dirty. I honestly felt bad and guilty. I really wanted to walk in and ask them if they would put it all back together and sell it to me for $20k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts