Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think you are rationalizing.
Here's Zinga's response, "If you don't like the answer, ask a different question".
Doesn't sound like he was joking at all.
My apologies, I didn't realize we had become so soft.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I went from an 07.5 to the 20. You're gonna have to catch up a lot on the new tech and I love the interior of the 20. It's not even close to what you have. Take your truck to a couple Ford dealerships to get appraised. For some reason Ford does better with trade values. Then tell the Ram dealer to match it.

Reactions: Flight medic

·
Registered
275 Posts
This thread is hilarious. Of course I realize that it's not hilarious to the overly sensitive.

My favorite part is all the detail that was provided afterwards. I still didn't look - didn't care. LOL. Even with the detail, my evaluation is still the same. Heck, I didn't buy a new 2018 for the same reason. Not worth it. I know there are dodge owners that don't like the 2019/2020's because they prefer machines with a rough ride, loud diesel engines, manual transmissions, and manual everything. I get it and it's not a big deal to me.

BTW, the statement "if you want a different answer, ask a different question" is somewhat satirical and bluntly honest. I've used it many times in business conversations. Phrase it however you like.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
And you probably wouldn’t find it funny if you asked a question, and someone gave you a dumb response.
Just sayin...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Seems like we have a few “Karen’s” on here today. Man guys! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
And you probably wouldn’t find it funny if you asked a question, and someone gave you a dumb response.
Just sayin...
That's your perspective, which I suspect is how you react. LOL.

I wonder what kind of responses would exist if I start a new thread with the question: "I own a truck. How much is it worth?"

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The trick is to be helpful here. If a vague question is asked, ask for more info so we can help give a good response to the OP. Being a d*ck to someone who is just asking a question just shows who you are.

@stillrunnin ,I would sell outright as the truck market is very hot right now.

Best way to find market price is to find a few trucks similar to yours for sale. Then add or subtract a few grand based on the trim, mods, and condition.

Reactions: John Jensen

·
Registered
198 Posts
The trick is to be helpful here. If a vague question is asked, ask for more info so we can help give a good response to the OP. Being a d*ck to someone who is just asking a question just shows who you are.

@stillrunnin ,I would sell outright as the truck market is very hot right now.

Best way to find market price is to find a few trucks similar to yours for sale. Then add or subtract a few grand based on the trim, mods, and condition.
Well said :) (y)

·
Registered
275 Posts
The trick to be helpful by not asking a vague question such as "how much is my truck worth." The first thing I checked was his sig. Nothing. So, how is he being helpful?

So, I answered the question "what you think my 08 with 109000 is worth."

BTW, I'm perfectly fine telling people "We're not happy until you're unhappy."

You probably want to give everyone a safe space and a blanket and it tells me who you are: the opposite of a d*ck. LOL.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The trick to be helpful by not asking a vague question such as "how much is my truck worth." The first thing I checked was his sig. Nothing. So, how is he being helpful?

So, I answered the question "what you think my 08 with 109000 is worth."

BTW, I'm perfectly fine telling people "We're not happy until you're unhappy."

You probably want to give everyone a safe space and a blanket and it tells me who you are: the opposite of a d*ck. LOL.

You must really be compensating for something.

Reactions: mattswaggs

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So many members on here trying like a steer to make their point. Hilarious. Keep on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
To the OP, have you made a purchase? To those I have offended sorry, not sorry. Threads like this and anything involving the crazy engineer make me want to look else ware. Life is too short to jump all over someone for pointing out the lack of info makes it hard to answer a question. If doing so makes you feel better that is kind of sad.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
To the OP, you asked a perfectly legitimate question. And hopefully, through all the poo, you got some of the answers you were looking for. The 2020 truck would be amazing compared to your 08. And now is a good time to sell your ‘08, for however much it is worth.
On a side note. The 3rd gen is the only ram Cummins I haven’t owned. I think the 2000’s were just not the greatest years for Chrysler, a little plasticy and low quality. Don’t be offended, all I am saying is that I think you would be very happy with a 5th gen.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
a 2020 model will make the 2008 model feel like the p.o.s. tin can that all 3rd gens are, when comparing those years. said the same thing about 3rd gen over 2nd gen.
While I agree with you, I think the 2nd gens were actually nicer than the third gens, but that may be just me. To be honest, I’m not a Ford guy, at all, but I think the 99+ Superduties are worlds better than the second and third gen Rams.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,744 Posts
value will be somewhat dependent on the local market, texas trucks sell cheap compared to trucks up here. A deleted truck will take a hit on trade in at a dealer, you will be better off selling private party. Look at the local adds and see what other people are asking for similarly equipped vehicles and make a judgement call based on that. I love my 18, it was a good upgrade from my 12, which was an upgrade from my 05, which was an upgrade from my 02 which...well you get the story.

As to the 19/20 trucks there are numerous people reporting issues with the CP4, and rumors of a CP3 factory replacement on the horizon, coupled with low inventory means there are no deals really going on right now. I would personally wait, unless they are offering a really good price on something. I bought my 18 about a year ago, just as the 20s were about to come out. I got a fully loaded limited for the price of a new big horn. My personal opinion is any of the 19+ trucks need the sport package, or similar to have paint matched grills and bumpers. the chrome on them looks horrible, but that's just my opinion. There will be a very noticeable difference from the 08 to a new truck in terms of fit, finish, quality, and ride And the more you spend, the better that difference will be. If i were to get into one, i would want a Laramie or better. I spend a lot of time in my truck, and a little comfort goes a long ways. I'm also not afraid of terminators or transformers, so technology doesn't scare me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
On a serious note. I just sold my bone stock 06, 5.9l Big Horn 2WD with 236k miles, 1 yr old upgraded 48re trans, new BFG KO tires. Body fair, interior fair. I had it listed for $10k (low/mid KBB), No serious offers.
Sold it to a family friend (cardinal sin, I know) for $8k.
So not a hot market for all RAM trucks.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts