Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about putting a single stack on....
is it loud inside the cab?
is there a lot of drone?
if so on both is there a way to make it quiet and not drone?
what would i have to do to accomplish this?

thanks....sorry for all the questions

· Pipeliner
767 Posts
just curious u must have a 07 if u have the 5.9, no??

· Registered
1,084 Posts
i am thinking about putting a single stack on....
is it loud inside the cab?
is there a lot of drone?
if so on both is there a way to make it quiet and not drone?
what would i have to do to accomplish this?

thanks....sorry for all the questions
Get r done.... single stack is easy and to solve the incab noise you will need a dicent size muffler and you shold not have a prob:thumbsup:

steps n making a single stack:
1 cut hole in bed
2 you will need a 90* elbow with several clamps or i suggest getting it welded and what type of stack you get weather its premade to drop or you will have to have the stack made??? this is where there is a small price difference:confused013:

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get r done.... single stack is easy and to solve the incab noise you will need a dicent size muffler and you shold not have a prob:thumbsup:

steps n making a single stack:
1 cut hole in bed
2 you will need a 90* elbow with several clamps or i suggest getting it welded and what type of stack you get weather its premade to drop or you will have to have the stack made??? this is where there is a small price difference:confused013:
i see a lot of people with the fte from wally should i contact him and see what he says...

· Pipeliner
767 Posts
my bad bud i was just a little lost since u said u have a 08, but ya trow a old stack on'er and she will look good!! i know this i prob not the right way of doing this but ive had guys that just got some flex pipe from the shop and took a old cat stack and repainted it, make for a cheap kit

· Registered
1,330 Posts
The higher the stack goes above the cab the queiter it will be. If it end right at or below cab level it will most likely be pretty loud. If you dont want drone, and obnoxious exhuast sounds in the cab you will need a muffler and possibly a resonator.

· Banned
5,760 Posts
I have two mufflers and it's still very loud at higher rpms

· Registered
1,084 Posts
i see a lot of people with the fte from wally should i contact him and see what he says...
Yes Sir wally is a great Guy and that is where i got my stack from and I fabed up my own base plate to mount to the floor of the bed but my stack sits a little further out then i wish it was so i cant clamp it to the back of the bed for more stability... But it works great!!! what size stack you want?

· Registered
1,084 Posts
I have two mufflers and it's still very loud at higher rpms
:agree2: Mine still get loud under heavy throttle but is a worlds different from when i first had it str8 piped through the stack.... could not have a convorsation in the cab:doh:

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Sir wally is a great Guy and that is where i got my stack from and I fabed up my own base plate to mount to the floor of the bed but my stack sits a little further out then i wish it was so i cant clamp it to the back of the bed for more stability... But it works great!!! what size stack you want?
i don't even know what size...i was looking at some trucks on here and i love the look of it...gives the truck more attitude....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.