Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I'm thinking about getting rid of my twins to go too a big single pros and cons on this

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Curious as to why you're doing it. 63 over a 475 has to be be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Doesn't make since as to why you would go backwards? Unless you were trying to make specs for a particular racing or pulling class I don't see the point?

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Whats your definition of a "BIG" single? And either way i say try it, ull either love it or hate it theres really no middle ground there for some reason. I happened to love having bigger singles and now im trying the whole twin thing out and each has their own unique points, i find the singles more fun but the twins easier to drive almost to the point it makes u lazy lol

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I love my single 75... but it does have lag... will spoll no where near as quick as ur compounds

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason I had twins was for towing but it doesn't tow anymore and now I'm just looking for more power and play

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Ah simply remove S475 insert larger S400 primary, DONE!

If you had little tow compounds you may have a point but I don't even think the big single guys will say there is a decent spooling 800hp capable single. If you are just bored ok, but your gonna be hard pressed to find more HP out of a single than what your truck is capable of the way it sits.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
If it's for fun I don't see it being an issue. Yes you'll get some flack because you're going from compounds to a single but it's your truck and you can do with it what you please. I'd look at the 467 from BW, Garrett has some nice chargers in and around that size, of course will be more money but a single BB turbo would be sweet! I'm looking at the GTX4294r as a single for my build.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Robert Ivey
2,168 Posts
Sorry i miss read that lol. I had him going to a big single on the brain and didn't catch the word swap. Hell yeah it would but not a single 480.
Single s480 is fun though

Sent using Tapatalk 2

·
Robert Ivey
2,168 Posts
True. S475 isn't that bad on 5.9. Joe did you ever ride in my 07?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 26 Posts