Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my tires are starting to get a little thin and it's time to start thinking about the new rubber. The 35's on there now came on the truck and I was 18 when I bought it, so I wanted big tires. However, now I'm commuting to school and i don't care as much, so I was thinking about a smaller block in the rear and 33's.

Can anyone give me any pics of a 2.5" leveling kit with 33's? My 35's BARELY fit, like I'm talking 1/4" between tire and fender when turned. I think 33's would give it a really good looking stance.

Here's a recent pic of the ol' girl for comparison

Edit: for clarification, I want to take the block in the back out anyway and give it a good clean completely-level stance

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ironic. I have the factory 265/70-17s on stock 17" wheels and am putting aftermarket wheels and 37" tires and I have a 25 mile commute each way. LOL...I'm just bored of it.

We should just trade wheels/tires! ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had the cash, I wouldn't hesitate to life up to fit 37's. I think the MPG gain/increase is negligible with these powerful engines. I'm just a broke college kid and the $450 difference between 33's and 35's is pretty appeasing. Not to mention I hate the "raked" look my truck has right now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I put 33s on when I put new tires on last year. 2" blocks in front

I didnt really want 35s

Harder on frontend parts

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I had the cash, I wouldn't hesitate to life up to fit 37's. I'm just a broke college kid and the $450 difference between 33's and 35's is pretty appeasing.
College hey? Lift and appealing. Spelling counts in the real world man.:doh:

I am running 33s (305 65 17), but I have the level. It looks fine, the wheelwells are not stuffed too full and the speedo is only out about 3% or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts