Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got picked up a dr.p stg3 from a freind a month or so ago and whenever I first got it I had my smarty all the way up but with no preasure from it and had the dr.p on and raced a guy and got a high rail preasure code. Now ever since my truck just hasnt seemed to have as much power. its close but just dont seem like it did. I also noticed my milage has dropped like a rock. I ges its time to cap it and get my gauges?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im still running my stock turbo but other than that yea. I havent had a chance to put my turbo on. I am waiting to put it on when I do my gauges and put a manifold on to. I plan to get my gauges soon. Every time im about to order them somthn comes up that cost 500 bucks and out the window that goes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The very first thing you should have is gauges...You will find yourself buying more than 500.00 worth of parts if you keep it up like this. I would not run a mp8 let alone a smarty with no gauges. All it takes is one run over 1600* to kill your motor.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The very first thing you should have is gauges...You will find yourself buying more than 500.00 worth of parts if you keep it up like this. I would not run a mp8 let alone a smarty with no gauges. All it takes is one run over 1600* to kill your motor.
ive hit 1800 with my stock turbo so but as long as he doesnt keep it at WOT and never let off as long as you let off as soon as you start to hit triple digits on your speedometer

·
Premium Member
25,094 Posts
Get the gauges and cap your rail. And make sure one of those gauges is a rail pressure gauge.

·
SNAFU
3,331 Posts
definitly get some gauges bud

when my valve popped, I had similar issues, no power, poor milage, and when the cruise was on the RPMs would go up on down even when on level ground. Just take the banjo bolt out and see if you can see any fuel, if so it is popped, you can get a cap on ebay for about $25, or get a new valve.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
its on the fuel rail its the highest connecting line on the fuel rail

·
Registered
326 Posts
so im guessing my dual feed line "caps the rail", and allows for more fuel? or just caps the rail? also im currently not run'n allot of fuel due to my truck going through some changes. i havnt had the dual feed long. is it safe?

·
Registered
326 Posts
well....not run'n a bad a$$ tune at the current time.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
its should be safe just have to watch raqil pressure and ya just like a cap but it feeds more fuel to the rail at the same pressure as the main line

·
Registered
326 Posts
so yea....but im not stacking it with a pressure box, im just run'n a sorry bully dog insted of my smarty until i get my truck right. if i had the smarty on i would have it turned way up. so, cause im not run'n a pressure box and just a mild tune i should be fine right? also im currently throwing a code and cant get the codes # from the truck or a tuner(scan tool)....:confused013: ever heard of this. i have no way to diagnose it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
ur rail pressure should be fine then unless ur running phedofile larry

·
Registered
326 Posts
oh hell no, im run'n the plain bully dog(at this time) and the truck runs like crap with my mods. need a real tune, thanks for the help:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive hit 120mph a bunch and havent had any problems. Not sayin that I havent been lucky lol but I watch my engin temp gauge and when it starts to move to about 220 I let out and it drops back fast. I thought I popped it. I will check it tommarow. thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
507 Posts
I am not trying to hijack your post but I do have a question for some of you. When you all capping the rail at the valve are you guys doing it at the top of the valve or pulling it out and capping it?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.