Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Which is more fun?

• Purchase a truck exactly the way you want it.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Build a truck exactly the way you want it.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Leave it as is. If it didn’t come equipped with that feature then leave it alone!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quick question. how many heater core hoses are there? which one is the feed hose to the heater core/which one is the return hose from the heater core?

im going to install a shut off valve to improve the AC.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Great Color. Looking forward to see changes. Tradesman model?

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
294 Posts
quick question. how many heater core hoses are there? which one is the feed hose to the heater core/which one is the return hose from the heater core?

im going to install a shut off valve to improve the AC.
2. The easy one to reach is the feed hose and I highly recommend a shut off valve because Chrysler isn't going to fix their blend door issues. Two trips to the dealer for me and after replacing a bunch of parts Chrysler admitted that it won't get that cold and it's just the way it is. So I fixed it myself and it's nice and cold

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sweet, congrats. Maximum Steel?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can anyone post a picture of the correct hose to add the shut off valve in?

Reactions: azjohnnyo

·
Registered
294 Posts
Can anyone post a picture of the correct hose to add the shut off valve in?
I can't take a picture right now, but under the hood are two hoses that run back towards the passenger side firewall. One starts up by the thermostat/EGR cooler line, and the other is further back and goes into the head. Both rubber lines and have foil insulation over them. I cut the one by the cooler and added the valve there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can't take a picture right now, but under the hood are two hoses that run back towards the passenger side firewall. One starts up by the thermostat/EGR cooler line, and the other is further back and goes into the head. Both rubber lines and have foil insulation over them. I cut the one by the cooler and added the valve there.
I just created a thread with pictures and videos. Hopefully it helps.

Thank you both 🍺

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That color looks pretty identical to my truck, which is maximum steel metallic...

1 - 20 of 204 Posts