Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some issues with codes popping up and not clearing on start up. I also had a problem with the truck not shutting off (once). Called edge and the customer service was great. They sent me a new programmer and monitor overnight. My programmer was version 3.0 and the new version is 3.2 (turbo timer changed and I'm sure a few other things). The monitor now has a delay that can be adjusted for clearing codes on start up.

I figured there might be one other guy that might find this usefull. My experience with edge's customer service was responsive, quick, and understanding.

Thanks again to those that offered help,

Schmidt

· Registered
134 Posts
Wow what is the mfg date on your Edge? I just bought one from a guy on this site and the mfg date is 8/19/2009 and it is only ver 2.100

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had version 2.0 and no have 2.3 and a new monitor. The only reason to update is if you're having a problem.

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An Amsoil bypass filter simply filters your oil much better. It keeps the oil cleaner, which is better for your engine and increases the time between oil changes. Link: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-powertrain/63966-those-you-bypass-oil-fliter.html

The EGR is easy to block. It keeps exhaust gas from recirculating through your engine. It's extremely easy to block the EGR rather than delete it. From what I understand deleting it doesn't really do anything.

· Registered
334 Posts
Was your truck built after 3/09? I have been told that the edge doesn't play well with trucks built after 3/09 because of some programming changes made at the factory. I like the edge system and would like to get one so if this update you are talking about address this issue that would be cool. Thanks

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was built before the ECM was locked.

· Registered
28 Posts
when you delete your egr do jst use the block off plates? and do you unplug you egr or leave it pluged in i heard that some tuners its best to leave it pluged in ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.