Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was talking to my soon to be wife about what she is going to get after we sell her car. I told her that I was going to give her my truck and I was going to buy a Dually. She informed me that she wont drive a Dodge and that she is a Gmc/Chevy girl. I then proceeded to tell her the truck is only as good as the engine is. I told her that I wasnt going to buy her a Duramax. We comprismised that she will drive my truck as long as I take all the dodge badges of the truck keep the Cummins badge and put the Gmc stickers on the truck. So maybe in the next year there might be a cummins running GM decals.:lol4:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
So I was talking to my soon to be wife about what she is going to get after we sell her car. I told her that I was going to give her my truck and I was going to buy a Dually. She informed me that she wont drive a Dodge and that she is a Gmc/Chevy girl. I then proceeded to tell her the truck is only as good as the engine is. I told her that I wasnt going to buy her a Duramax. We comprismised that she will drive my truck as long as I take all the dodge badges of the truck keep the Cummins badge and put the Gmc stickers on the truck. So maybe in the next year there might be a cummins running GM decals.:lol4:
ohhh low blow future wife!!!!!!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
thats it. call it off.

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SHe is perfectly fine with the fact its a cummins. I said maybe if I get the time Ill do a cab change

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I told her if she takes my truck she is going to have the fastest grocery getter mobile in town. Cuz since she doesnt drive crazy miles I can start to MOD the truck.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I grew up a Chevy guy no doubt but I also am a Cummins fan. I had to decide witch I wanted more and I chose the Cummins over the Chevy. To bad the Cummins is surrounded by a Dodge body.:banghead:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I grew up a Chevy guy no doubt but I also am a Cummins fan. I had to decide witch I wanted more and I chose the Cummins over the Chevy. To bad the Cummins is surrounded by a Dodge body.:banghead:
I second that. I hate my "dodge." Love my cummins though. My wife on the other hand like the sound of 7.3L I had better. I would like my F250 back, but drop the cummins in it. Then I would be happy.

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I told her I dont care what you drive unless it has a cummins in it.

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
You said "soon to be wife", its not to late.:buttkick:

·
MI Chapter President
5,689 Posts
I dont know... I've rode in my buddies QCSB Dmax and like it a lot! the interior and seats are 10x's nicer than any of my dodges... even dads QCSB SRW 3500 laramie with leather. I like the slanted headlight older models vs the new GM trucks in the looks dpt.

My old lady wants a Megacab but I want to get her a Jetta or QCSB Dmax:confused013:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I dont know... I've rode in my buddies QCSB Dmax and like it a lot! the interior and seats are 10x's nicer than any of my dodges... even dads QCSB SRW 3500 laramie with leather. I like the slanted headlight older models vs the new GM trucks in the looks dpt.

My old lady wants a Megacab but I want to get her a Jetta or QCSB Dmax:confused013:
well get her a mega cab dummy, she's a keeper if she wants a dodge cummins!!!!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like shes a keeper. She knows whats best Id start listenin to her lol

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
I like GMC's and the Duramax. For a comfy and damn fast daily driver I think they are hard to beat.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Dude its just for your wife. I'd love it if I could get my wife to want a 4 door short bed D-max. Or any diesel for that matter

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just think it could be way worse,she could want a Tundra!Just get her the GMC she wants,the D/A combo is very nice,while it isnt a cummins the entire package is very refined and solid. Remember....happy wife.....happy life.:party018:

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
What does she need a diesel truck for? Get rid of her.

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What does she need a diesel truck for? Get rid of her.
Because I said she needs a diesel truck thats why she needs one. Because she looks hot in a truck thats why she needs one. Because if I ever need a back up truck if mine is ever down is why she needs one. Because if given the option between getting an Suv that gets 19-21 Mpg's or a Diesel that gets the same Mpg's and can pull a heck of alot more thats why she needs one. So does that answer your question?

And im not even going to touch your comment " Get Rid of Her" because I'll go off.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Sounds like it's for purely selfish reasons then.......

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like shes a keeper. She knows whats best Id start listenin to her lol
Oh she is a keeper. If all I have to do is slap some GM decals on, to get her to drive a Cummins then heck I'll do it. But if she really wants a duramax then I guess there is worse she could want "kia or ford". The only prob with getting a duramax is I would then have to get on a duramax forum and make it sound like I care about duramax's and tell them just how great they are lol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts