Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently took 2 weeks off with the idea of streamlining the installation of numerous go fast mods. As last we left it, I was planning to get a new Hamilton camshaft, 90 hp injectors, and MPI twins.

First, I headed down to Liberty Hill, TX-- home of Hamilton Diesel Services-- for a Big Stick Cam, 110# valve springs and pushrods. Unfortunately, in order to save the lives of 2 of Texas' finest uninsured illegal aliens-- I wrecked my truck just 5 miles from Zach and Alex's shop! :doh: Through a similiar turn of unforeseen events, it turned out that Nathan at MPI couldn't get a twin kit together and shipped to TX in time to get her done. :banghead:

So there I was stranded in Austin, TX with a dead truck and no go fast mods in sight. The story could have ended right there-- but it didn't....

I really have to say Kudos to Zach Hamilton and all the guys over at Hamilton Diesel, as well as Shane at Wicked Diesels, and Van Haisley at Haisley Machine for helping make lemonade out of bunch of sour lemons. Before the truck could even get over to the collision center, Zach and the boys had already installed the cam, springs and push rods, as well as an MP-8! It just so happened that while I was on the phone with Shane over at Wicked checking on my 90 hp nozzles, I mentioned the predicament I was in regarding MPI. Much to my surprise, Shane said he could help, and ended up working overtime to get me an S474 worked over to put under my Super B. As it turns out I was in the right place at the right time and ended up scoring one of his Dragonslayer CP3's as well! After all the damage to my truck had been repaired, Zach and the guys at HD picked up my truck and worked overtime once again to get the twins, injectors, CP3, as well as a Haisley 12" Street Drag DD clutch installed and tweaked.

Again-- I can't say enough about Zach and the guys at Hamilton Diesel and Shane at Wicked Diesels! They simply kicked A$$! Thanks guys!!! :thumbsup:

As far as the mods themselves? The preliminary report is that I now have a stupid fast :shock: spooling set of twins and all the fuel I need to spin them! Now my only problem is is keeping my front end down, backend straight, and tires on the ground!

Stay tuned for a detailed report! :headbang:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That's good to hear buddy, can't wait to see it! Are those twins cleaning up all of your fuel?

I really need to get mine twins/injectors out of the box and in my truck:doh:

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
heck ya man! thats sweet... let us know how it runs after you have driven it some

·
Registered
804 Posts
I 2nd that from New Mexico!

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
Hope you had a fun drive home Wes. Luck was definately on your side, I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks, Shane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts