Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1041 - 1052 of 1052 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
So I was having a helluva time finding info on how much these would stick out. Now I have them and can post about them.

17x8.5 Method 305 NV
4.75” backspace
0 offset

35x12.5r17 tires

Sticks out maybe 2 inches. Nice for without flares but a small flare would be nice too.

Fellas.

Better pics coming soon

·
Registered
13 Posts
2006 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Wheels: 20X9 Ultra Hunter 203, Offset: +18, Backspacing: 5.71
Tires: 35X12.5 Back Country MT
Lift: 2" Leveling HBS
Does Not Rub

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
2006 Ram2500
Fuel Throttle rims – 17x9 with a 1mm (5” back spacing)
Toyo Open Country M/T – 37 x 13.50 x 17
Carli Suspension back country 3” lift
Metalcloak Control arms
-- Adjusted to push axle as far forward as possible

Needed to remove inner fenders and trim pinch weld back. Recommend caution to avoid removing spot welds !!
Trimmed bumper
Trimmed back side of fender (about an inch)

Does not rub that I've noticed - still new to setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Cooper STT Pro

1. 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW

2. Factory Steel Wheels - 17x7.5 6" Backspacing (believe that's supposed to be +45mm offset)

3. Cooper STT Pro 315/70R17 - These are pretty much a mud tire but maybe not as aggressive as others

4. 2" Hellbent Steel Leveling Kit and the standard Carli control arms and Synergy track bar

5. Rubs a little at full lock on lower control arms

The ride seems a lot better than the BFG All Terrains K 02 (O2?) that I just took off. The Coopers are also pretty quiet for mud terrains. So far so good, I really like them. I'm running 60psi up front and 50psi in back. I do have a ranch bumper and winch up front too that could affect the ride height.

·
Registered
117 Posts
04 1/2 quad cab 4x4 2500
Factory H2 wheels
17x 8 1/2
149mm backspacing 10mm offset
35x12.50's nitto trail grapplers

Factory suspension, no spacer. Does not rub fender, bumper or control arms. Do not think I have a pic. Will update if I do

·
Registered
55 Posts
A/t ko2 lt315/70r17 121/118s e

Thank you to Roberto from BF Goodrich. He answered my question and gave me the recommended psi for my tires. Here's our conversation:

...I realize I didn't originally give you
enough info to help me. Let me give a little more detail:

1. I do not have OE tires on my truck. My tire inflation sticker on my
truck will not help me. I currently have A/T KO2 *LT315/70R17 121/118S E *

2. My ride is too stiff, so I *suspect* I need to deflate my tires.

3. Before I do this, I would like to know the load rating at various psi so
I do not underinflate them.

Please send me the load index chart for A/T KO2

*LT315/70R17 121/118S E tires.*Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello [Doozy],

Thanks for reaching out to the BFG Customer Care Team.

The tire pressure we would recommend for your 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4x4 LT315/70R17/E is
Front 35 psi = 2535
Rear 50 psi = 3195

We hope that your issue has been resolved or addressed to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll-free) between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. EST Monday through Saturday. Sunday 8:30am - 4:30pm chat only. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

Sincerely,
Roberto
Consumer Care Department
Certified BFGoodrich Product Expert

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I will never understand why anyone would run higher pressure on rear tires UNLESS towing fairly heavy. Doing so unloaded truck will make it ride even worse. That heavy chunk of iron in front (cummins) requires more air in tires to support than does a light box in the back (relatively speaking).

I generally run 10 to 20 psi less in the back tires depending on tires of course.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Running higher psi in back tires

Well, here are my admittedly uneducated thoughts on why someone would run higher psi in back tires vice front:

1) The back of the truck can be rockin' and bumpin' all it wants ... so long as I don't feel it and my wheels stay on asphalt.
2) Higher psi generally means better mpg, and this = good. (barring over-inflation, of course)
3) Most of my tow/haul jobs I only know a day or so in advance. Sure I could add air, but then I'm introducing oxygen into my nitrogen tires. Not the end of the world, but I'd rather keep them 100% nitrogen, and I also don't want to make a trip to the tire store if I don't have to. So being continually prepared to haul and tow is a good thing, in my mind.

In my case, I just need the front tires to support the weight. At 35 psi, it's supporting over 5070 lbs. Since my front GAWR is 5.2K #s, I don't need my front tires inflated more than this. And 35 psi should give me a softer ride. Bonus!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let’s bring this thread back to life. I’ll keep it short and simple. I have an ‘05 2500, stock height with zero suspension mods. Been running stock wheels and 33’s for almost three years. I’m ready to switch things up, came across a set of used wheels and tires that are almost too good a deal to pass up. 20x12 -44 with 33x12.5r20s.

WILL THESE CLEAR MY FENDERS. Prefer not to cut any metal. Other threads say yes with minor trimming, while others say absolutely not. Just looking for some straight forward answers. I’m not a fan of lifted trucks. I have no need for a lift. I prefer the truck low and wide.

Has anyone ran this setup at stock height. Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks in advance😁

1041 - 1052 of 1052 Posts