Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

15741 - 15760 of 15773 Posts

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
7,632 Posts
Do you have to swap the mirrors to 19+ to get the blind spot working?

16' CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC
You must at least add an indicator light, what i did was swap the mirror glass and run a new wire down into the door to tie into the correct locations on the door module to achieve full factory appearance.

That's odd, I have seen on YouTube before were guys will show up on the 8.4" radio but my 8.4" UAQ has never shown the auxillary switches on the radio. I guess it's pointless since they are not able to be changed through the radio.

16' CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC
I saw that too, i guess it's a gltich that sometimes happens, but it won't work correctly threw the radio and nothing will save there permanently. You can however adjust how they work in the instrument cluster under "commercial settings" which is a new screen that pops up when you add the appropriate codes in with Alpha OBD

·
7,632 Posts
And finally got mine fully working. I didn't have a canbus wire fully seated in the passenger tail light connector. It was 90% seated but not completely. Gave me a hard time, that's for sure. If I ever do it again I'll be buying a harness, so much time into it you don't really save anything by building it yourself. Lol. But I did get a couple new tools that worked fantastic. So there is that

20201121_095437.jpg

·
7,632 Posts
This should've been factory... and now it acts like it is. Thanks again @Jimmy07

20201121_144212.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed a speed demon 30" infinity series light bar. Not going to lie it was a butch since it was a C hair to wide between the tow hooks. The bar mounts I got were molested by me to fit. None of this stuff is returnable any more. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
This should've been factory... and now it acts like it is. Thanks again @Jimmy07

View attachment 915137
So all you did was install the 19+ taillights that support the blind spot with the adapter harness that allows you to plug them into your factory taillight harness then the big mirror glass are just a direct swap + programming? I would love to do this but assume it will be close to of not $1k for everything.

·
7,632 Posts
So all you did was install the 19+ taillights that support the blind spot with the adapter harness that allows you to plug them into your factory taillight harness then the big mirror glass are just a direct swap + programming? I would love to do this but assume it will be close to of not $1k for everything.

If you buy the lights for $600 the harness can be had already made for $180. Then it's just mirrors and programming with alpha. So easily done for under $1000. I'll post a link to the necessary thread on Monday

·
7,632 Posts

I remembered how to do it with my phone. This thread has all the necessary info

·
Registered
248 Posts
Installed Kelderman’s reverse level airbag setup. I’m sitting dead level now and without ever sagging again with a load either in the bed or hooked to a trailer.
IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If you buy the lights for $600 the harness can be had already made for $180. Then it's just mirrors and programming with alpha. So easily done for under $1000. I'll post a link to the necessary thread on Monday
I read through the taillight thread but didn't see it, did you buy the entire 2019 mirror or just replace the glass? And where did you find the tail lights for $600?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts

·
7,632 Posts
I read through the taillight thread but didn't see it, did you buy the entire 2019 mirror or just replace the glass? And where did you find the tail lights for $600?

Thanks.
Like JImmy said, i did just the glass. I was able to pop out my factory glass without breaking it. I hard wired the light and ran the wires into the door. This video shows how to dissasemble the mirror so you can run the wire, i did not take the mirror off the truck I took the cover off, and popped the puddle light out, and was able to use bailing wire to pull the wires through the door and into the truck. My only complaint when i did it, was that it was starting to snow so i started being in a hurry since i didn't pull the truck into the garage as i figured it would be a quick project, which it really was

·
Registered
881 Posts
I got the oil and fuel filters done. Truck was iced up bad but I managed to get it done after the snow stopped. 25,213km on this index. Outgoing was the semisynthetic Duron 10w30 and in went conventional 10w30.

Next chance I get i need to chisel out the transmission crossmember to do the filter and fluid change. Will be using maxlife and an ATP B463 filter.

·
White Lightning
12,224 Posts
I got the oil and fuel filters done. Truck was iced up bad but I managed to get it done after the snow stopped. 25,213km on this index. Outgoing was the semisynthetic Duron 10w30 and in went conventional 10w30.

Next chance I get i need to chisel out the transmission crossmember to do the filter and fluid change. Will be using maxlife and an ATP B463 filter.
How many miles on your AS69RC? Is this your first sump filter change?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Finally got some new tread on the truck. Had Toyo Open Country MTs in a 37x13.50r20. Went with the Toyo RT in a 37x13.50r20 again. Couple reasons for the swap, old tires were around 8 years old and showing some dry rot, and admittedly I hadn’t balanced the tires for a while and they had a bit of a vibration above 65 mph even WITH a set of Centramatic balancers. Wanted a tire with better road manners and above all a smooth vibration free ride. The RTs delivered, no noticeable vibration and no road noise (i'm sure this will get worse with time). One tire only took 3/4 oz to balance with the worst taking 4 1/4 oz. Following my balance/vibration "test" running the truck, w/out the Centramatics, I'll be
putting them back on as I've had great luck with them on my Toyo M608 285/70r19.5's.

Size comparison between a worn MT and a New RT, pretty close.

Happy Turkey day all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
881 Posts
#gsbrockman, surprisingly yes, its my first change. We had been putting on decent mileage the first 2 years of ownership but since mid 2019 when my wife's ankle injury worsened she does not train much anymore. I put 25,000km on it from June 2019 to now.

·
White Lightning
12,224 Posts
#gsbrockman, surprisingly yes, its my first change. We had been putting on decent mileage the first 2 years of ownership but since mid 2019 when my wife's ankle injury worsened she does not train much anymore. I put 25,000km on it from June 2019 to now.
I can shoot ya a link to my write-up if you want it....

·
Registered
881 Posts
GS, thanks but let's just say I read and reread your post on it. Hell, last night I read it again. I had toiled over the idea of buying some fancy wobbly sockets and flex shafts but decided to just drop the crossmember. You said it yourself, you burnt a pile of time pissing around with it. Done and done.

I just need to chisel it out. I got a hell of an ice build up underneath. This pic I snapped of the rear filter does no justice.

·
White Lightning
12,224 Posts
Changed the CCV filter on White Lightning today at 276,576 miles, 695 idle hours, and 4,824 drive hours.

15741 - 15760 of 15773 Posts