Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

15561 - 15580 of 15634 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah, one of the only things my limited didn't have. I've added rear air with a compressor so I figured I should ad those too
I'm curious, so you then loose the physical buttons for heated & cooled seats & steering wheel?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,744 Posts
I'm curious, so you then loose the physical buttons for heated & cooled seats & steering wheel?

Correct. Those are still accessible through my 8 4 radio just like if my truck had the aux switches from the factory, and being that for the most part, the are automatic I won't mind. I will be able to completely replicate it like factory, including controlling them in the 8.4

·
Registered
261 Posts
Correct. Those are still accessible through my 8 4 radio just like if my truck had the aux switches from the factory, and being that for the most part, the are automatic I won't mind. I will be able to completely replicate it like factory, including controlling them in the 8.4
I actually never realized you could get the aux switches with those options. My SLT has heated seats & wheel, and I'm aware there are icons in the 8.4 to control them as well. I'm a techie, but somehow I'm not a fan of these kind of controls. I kinda hate having to navigate through uconnect to turn on straight floor heat, etc. Good God... I must be getting old or something. I just feel is still a bit clunky of an interface I guess. I'm hoping the split functionality of the 12" in the new trucks makes that better.

·
6,744 Posts
Not sure what year your truck is, but the software on my 18 is much better then the older ones. Mine reverted to an older version for 5 minutes and I hated it. The software I have has a quick button to controls so I can easily turn on the heated and coo led seats, as well as easily turning on one of the cameras at any point in time

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Do you have a Link for the Part numbers.

·
6,744 Posts

Alpha OBD is required to get full functionality through the head unit

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
What function do you need to look for in Alpha.

·
6,744 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Do you have a Link for the Part numbers.

4th Gen electronics has everything but as of yesterday they stopped taking orders due to parts delay.

Reactions: G. Mcpherson

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not sure what year your truck is, but the software on my 18 is much better then the older ones. Mine reverted to an older version for 5 minutes and I hated it. The software I have has a quick button to controls so I can easily turn on the heated and coo led seats, as well as easily turning on one of the cameras at any point in time
Mine is a 16. I have a shortcut for controls as well. It's just that you have to actually look at the screen I guess. I can feel the buttons if that makes sense?

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
It's just that you have to actually look at the screen I guess. I can feel the buttons if that makes sense?
Yes, it makes perfect sense. There's not much tactile feel with the dumb touch screen.
I hate them.

Reactions: Nater_Potater

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Not all tech is good.

I really dislike that I have to take my eyes off the road to change things (yes, I could slow down a bit, but still).
With a button, dial, or lever, I can usually operate it without looking. And even if the road isn't perfectly smooth.

But I suppose that touch screens are okay if sitting still in traffic.

·
6,744 Posts
Oil change, fuel filters, and air filter changes done. 24k miles and the truck wanted a second change so figured why not. I think they could've waited but it's whatever
20200905_101424.jpg

20200905_105446.jpg

·
Cummins Freak
3,307 Posts
Look. I can take pictures of my truck like @nick00less. Should be installing this weekend

View attachment 910632
Added this kit to my 2018 about 8 months ago!! Well made kit and with AlfaOBD you can set it all up. But on mine I can only change the setting in the cluster. I can see them in the 8.4 but the changes will not take from there!! IDK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,744 Posts
Added this kit to my 2018 about 8 months ago!! Well made kit and with AlfaOBD you can set it all up. But on mine I can only change the setting in the cluster. I can see them in the 8.4 but the changes will not take from there!! IDK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mounted mine in the same place, works great! I also can only change the settings in the IC and not the radio, maybe @Jimmy07 might be able to chime in and let us know what settings need to be changed?

20200906_131937.jpg

20200906_131944.jpg

20200906_132016.jpg

·
6,744 Posts
I sent him a PM to verify my settings are correct, once verified I'll post up screen shots of what my settings are

·
6,744 Posts
so talking with the expert, captain of changing everything and modifying things the great @Jimmy07 the head units are not built to adjust the settings. Sometimes they will populate in the head unit but they rarely stay and function correctly. So my settings are as follows

These must be set to enable first
20200906_134158.jpg

Then I had to disconnect and cycle the ignition to be able to adjust this correctly to as follows
20200906_141558.jpg

15561 - 15580 of 15634 Posts